"Scary" & Horror Movies on TV (October Schedule)

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
This schedule is for American TV networks. For those who enjoy the Halloween time of year, this may be of interest.

Link: https://www.halloweenmoviesontv.com/

Scroll down to October 2019 Halloween TV Schedules. Lots of variety for all ages.

Each network's offerings are listed. Some may not be completely updated yet. Most of it starts October 1. Beetlejuice will be aired 9/30 on SyFy, if interested (a day early).

On Oct. 5th, Freeform TV network will have another "live" show (like Hocus Pocus' 25th anniversary show from last year).

Appearances by: Vanessa Hudgens, Jordan Fisher, Kristin Chenoweth

(10/5) A party from the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles honors icons of the Halloween season; the celebration includes a 35th anniversary tribute to "Ghostbusters" and a 50th anniversary tribute to "The Haunted Mansion."

Happy Halloween!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I love this stuff. I remember the 25th Anniversary of Hocus Pocus. Thank you for pointing out the scary movies for the coming month. Tomorrow already!

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
That explain all the fireworks my dog keeps borking at.

(I live a mile away from Hollywood Forever)

Last edited:

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I see Turner Classic Movies has at least three of my old-timey favorites: The Uninvited, The Pit and The Pendulum, and House of Wax. None of them induce mind-numbing terror but they're reasonably unnerving.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Roger Corman directed some true classics. I love October when the networks and streaming services deign to remember some of watch horror all year 'round.

Aside: I still miss FearNet.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I love his shlock just as much as I love his well-done movies.

Me too, but much like Stuart Gordon and Ken Russell, can we even separate the art from the schlock or are they kinda the same thing? :)

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I saw a commercial for the Oct. 5th live show. Ray Parker Jr. doing the original Ghostbusters theme live. Christina Aguillera will perform live as well. Some of the cast of Hocus Pocus will be there too (or so the commercial suggested).

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the Reelz American TV network is re-airing Ghostbusters: Behind Closed Doors (35th Anniversary interview with original, surviving cast members with A LOT of behind the scenes information). I saw this when it aired originally, a month or so back, and it was fantastic.

Check your local listings.

In Colorado: 6-8pm and a re-air from 10pm to Midnight.