Preditors and Editors

Paul Lamb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.paullamb.wordpress.com
Does anyone know if the new Preditors and Editors is up? When I go to the Google link it invites me to subscribe. Is this to be notified in the future when the site is restored, or is it what I must do to become a member?

Anyone know?

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Does anyone know if the new Preditors and Editors is up? When I go to the Google link it invites me to subscribe. Is this to be notified in the future when the site is restored, or is it what I must do to become a member?

Anyone know.

That's an excellent question. The information on the link is pretty ambiguous, but it does sound like the site is under construction.

Preditors and Editors have taken on some new staff. New volunteers and we’ve moved to WordPress to boot. Things are going to change slightly, but we’re going to carry on David and Andrew’s vision while building what we hope will be a useful, relevant site to every single writer. We want to make sure that whether you’re self-publishing, querying or working with a publisher, that you’ve got the information you need.
So please, mind the dust. And if you’re interested in keeping up, please sign up.

The question is whether or not there is anything useful one can access via subscription at this time.

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
Kickstarter is actually proof that people not only do "sign up" but they also give their money.

In fact, pre-sales are common amongst even the big wigs like Apple, Samsung, and the like. The companies want to build marketing hype, the startups want to build brand identity, and communities the sense of exclusivity. All ultimately are attempting to create the illusion that there is something golden awaiting on the other side of the coin.

Quite a fascinating sociological concept actually when played correctly...

Because ultimately, when the coin is flipped - everyone just sees the tail :)

Reactions: Paul Lamb

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
With a kickstarter you tend to know the creator is the same, and get a special deal later subscribers won't have access to.

Paul Lamb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
"Who signs up to something that doesn't exist (yet) (possibly ever) (possibly as a new version that sucks)?"

Well, that's pretty much my question. Has anyone signed up for this and can say whether there is something there beyond the wall or just the promise of something to come?

Paul Lamb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Okay, I signed up last night and was told to watch for an email. As of this morning, nothing has arrived.

I suspect it was someone's ambitious hope/idea that just wasn't going to be.

Last edited:

Sarah M

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I signed up last night and was told to watch for an email. As of this morning, nothing has arrived.

I suspect it was someone's ambitious hope/idea that just wasn't going to be.

Yeah, I signed up about a year or two ago and never got an email. So either it folded before it even got started again or it's a scam. Which is a shame because I found the site helpful and useful when I was looking for a literary agent years ago.

Last edited:

Paul Lamb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
So Preditors and Editors has a Facebook group now with references to a new start up on Medium/Substack and even a book of tips/warnings coming out.

Apparently they are still being targeted by those who don't like what they're doing, so I think they're probably doing good.

Reactions: Unimportant