October 2019 Challenge - Write Every Day!

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
... (and I really will read your work, Robert, please bare with me!).

No worries or rush. If you don't want to critique and just drop a comment here or in the Nov thread, that's fine. I know I still have work to do but it is interesting to read the differences between people who only have access to the first 1800 words and beta readers who are reading the entire work. Somehow I need to instill an exciting enough start to mimic the rest of the drama.

But I also recognize that there are different types of readers. Many SYW comments were plot driven but my book is very character-centric. Work to do nonetheless. But I am still staying away from the draft for the time being and focusing on other writing. Mid-November I'll return to editing... maybe.

Magnus

Registered
Reaction score
Day 31
Did some brainstorming and reading. Not much, but something. See you in the November thread!

ubriel -- Grats on finished draft!

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Drive-by for me. I wrote about 500 words to slide in on the last day. I need to start using active voice more in my writing and there's a lot of other stuff to learn. Busy, busy!

Congrats to everyone! Next month we'll rock out even harder! :)

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, hope you are having a nice halloween. We did not need the minefields or barbed wire but the motion sensors beeped a few times.

I did 1053 words today on Demon Hunter. Shana has been given a spiked drink to knock her senseless. She think's she going to be date-raped, but it's worse (and more complicated) than that.

I did some more work on the "Fire Witch" magic system, working out how much spells tire the caster. I have the MC fairly firm in my mind, the setting is either 18th or 19th century Europe (I like both time periods). The story is about rebellions.

And... I had another idea for a story: "Logic Bomb". For once there's no need to work out a fantasy/SF setting, spells, technology etc (pinches self).

non-writing

Swimming this morning. but the pool was too busy to enjoy it.

Had a conversation with the wife about being interrupted while writing: she wanted to show me a photo of a young relative on her phone. When I complained, she told me I wasn't interested. But said 'why not show me when I'm
sitting in front of the TV'? It's hard to get back to writing after interruptions, and I forget things that I was about to write down. I don't think she understands what I'm doing.

keep swimming... despite interruptions.

See you all in November :)

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Day 31

Word Count - 71

Revisions - 1 scene

Ubriel - WTG on finished draft!

Worked on the historical pub format, shooting for January. Also went back over Part One: Children of Fate & added/cleared a few things up.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 31 - 281 words of flash. But I finished the book I'd been working on this month, so I win! :banana::banana::banana:

Had a scary Halloween -- a massive rain/thunder/wind storm moved through the area, bringing with it the threat of flash floods and possible tornadoes. Since I live in a mobile home, I did not sleep well. Fortunately, nothing happened. Oh, and I think a skunk is digging up my yard, looking for grubs to put on the pounds for hibernation. No point in putting out food for the feral cats then, since they won't be the ones eating it.