October 2019 Challenge - Write Every Day!

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Day 13

Word Count - 557

Revisions - 3 scenes

Daniel - WTG on 2800, not smoking, not drinking. I haven’t had a drink in over nine years. Drink didn’t slow me down. It wanted to throw me through a picture window and make a fool out of me dancing the Macarena with a perfect line of strangers.

Layla - 1¼ pages! Woot!

I updated the crime scene chart. Worked on formatting the historical.

Last edited:

April Swanson

Happy Beeps
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilswanson.com
vicky: Ha, that’s awesome! Does this mean you’re going to be spending a lot more time in furniture shops?

Daniel: Amazing word counts!

Layla: Moonlit bike ride! Sounds so serene …

Keithy: That’s a great effort for the week. Would you recommend Carnival Row?

Cindyt: Awesome work. I’m so impressed you can work on different things at the same time.

Got the cogs whirring for the final act, which I’ll have to start writing at the end of the week. I know broadly what I want each chapter to do but I still don’t know what actually happens. Oh, and somewhere on here recommended Station Eleven a while back (I think maybe Pingle?). Anyway, I read it and thought it was absolutely brilliant and rather terrifying.

Day 13: Wee bit; 1 mile; seriously those gymnasts …

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Layla: Sounds like a great, productive, earning, and fabulous day for you! Great work, Layla! :D

CindyT: Steady progress, still. Thanks! I'm tryin'! :)

Taylor: Hey! Nice to see you. I haven't ever written any proposals. Are they daunting? What does it entail?

Pterofan: Flash it up if it's working for you!

Keithy: Great total! Sounds like you're making it happen with the storyline as well. I'm paying attention, good sir. Interested to hear how it goes!

Layla: Sounds like another great day! Good job! :D

Me: I managed to crank out 2800 words tonight. This is really working well for me. I'm STILL managing to not smoke as well and I've been alcohol free for a week as well- though this was never an addiction thing, but it slows me down when I indulge. My mind is clearing up and I feel focused, energized, and creative. This is great news for me. It feels as if I'm coming out of a slump. The only negative thing is I got my first small assignment (only 5%) back for a course and I got a 70%. I'll be more dutiful and careful with my next submission scholastically. I can do better than that. I know I could have done way better. Good thing that the instructor gave me feedback to keep me on track for the next one. Still, I really liked today. Spent a good 6+ hours reading The Penguin History of the Twentieth Century and now I'm nearly done. Then, I'm digging into a textbook with psychological case studies. It's going to enlarge my understanding of the subject for sure--- but this is just for my personal reading, not for any courses. Anyway, enough rambling, onwards! :D

Hey yourself, DanielSTJ and Layla! I feel so bad for being AWOL but life got crazy. Between starting a new job and buying a house, teaching Bible classes at church and gradually becoming more entrapped by a love for Magic: The Gathering, I haven’t had much of anything worth posting. My blog is similarly neglected.

Anyway, to answer your question I only have the basic idea of what goes into a book proposal. I’m still deep into the research phase and won’t be attempting anything major till I’m sure I’ve tapped all available sources, though I have finished a 10,000 word article and hope to get it published in a peer-reviewed journal (hence giving me something to show an editor I’m worth a chance later on). There are a lot of places to get advice about it, but the way I understand it, most nonfiction book proposals include several things:

1. Title and a brief synopsis.
2. Your qualifications in the given field (varies).
3. Your target audience and promotional ideas.
4. Areas of interest your book will correct or update. (Mine is an old murder that has all but faded from memory).
5. Sample chapters or other material.

Thus far I’m enjoying it because it’s so straightforward. While you want it to be engaging, its different than writing a query letter.

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
Oct 13 Update

I haven't posted here for a few days. I did get over my Ch 12 anxieties, made a few improvements and am through to Ch. 19 now. I thought ch. 17 was phenomenal and wish I could feel that way about all my chapters.

I also sent out my first section to four Beta Readers which includes Ch 1-13. I'll release it to them in sections depending on if they become invested in the story or not.

I'll circle back later to see how everyone is doing. Gotta run to take care of a few things.

Keep at it everyone.

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 14
Drive by! Revised Chapter 28.

Have a good week!

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
W00000t Daniel! 2.8K :D & no smoking! Good to be booze free for a bit, too. Congrats on all that fun & informative reading, too.
Cindy, congrats n that 557 and the revisions!
Good to get those cogs cogitating, April :D
Wooo Taylor enjoy that Magic!
Ptero, to me 99 is not peanuts. Congrats on getting back to the story :)
Nice work RK
Congrats on that revision, Gough

Day 14

WIP -- 1/4 page.
R/SC -- tidying, paid a bill, moonviewing
BP/$$ -- earning service

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Cindy - good going on the 557. I will not mention the Macarena.
Pterofan - nearly a 100, still a good total.
April - Carnival Row is quite good but needs a longer series.

I did 902 words today, not quite what I wanted. Shana & co have caught sight of the "Death Mountain" and come across the "artifact dig". In a moment of slight madness, Shana goes down to help (and look around).

Non-writing

Cleaning the house :(

keep swimming!

Last edited:

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
CindyT: Nice word count and revisions-- good work. Woah! That's impressive on not drinking for nine years and commendable. I hear you, and I think I'm going to make bigger strides in that direciton. I hope to see that chart someday when you're done with it. : )

April: Thank you! It sounds like you're getting some great progress done yourself and that's awesome! Station Eleven? I'll check it out. I'm always looking to stay current and well-read. Also, I hear you on not knowing what happens in the story. I'm still bouncing back and forth between planning and pantsing. Now that I'm starting to get a handle on things, I think I'll try planning again, but I'm going to have to start with small works. I'm working on a piece right now, that was originally a short story, and it's now over 20,000 words. The power of pansting! : D

Taylor: Hey buddy! That actually sounds kind of neat. So it's almost like a CV but with your creative premise in it, or so it seems. That's intense that you have to factor in the market/audience and the overall area/interest in it. Seems like a lot of work, but definitely worth it. Thanks for letting me know how it works! : D

Pterofan: 99 words is still good! Every word counts!

Robert: Solid, matey! Keep at it! You're making it happen!

WGough: Revision is the key to good writing methinks. : D

Me: 3392 words today, and they flowed. I'm starting to get how to pace myself to get a lot of words out of my head and onto the page. I'm also loving how I'm exploring new musical artists, aside from classical (which I use when I read) when I write. Everyday, I get more musically attuned. Right now, I'm finishing up The Decemberists and I think next I'm going to go for Elvis. I make playlists with Spotify for the songs that I like as I go along. So, if anyone has any recommendations in the coming days, weeks, months, or so forth let me know. I'm nearly done my next assignment for that course that I got the 70%, so I guess that counts as some extra writing too. That was easy. Also, NOT smoking or drinking. I think I've got a handle on this. My mind keeps getting clearer and clearer and I'm breathing a lot better. Thanksgiving was good. Me and my father got Swiss Chalet, but I used the wrong sauce all over my potatoes and stuffing (but it was still good.) I still am not editing, I think I'll save that for a little later in the week. Also, any tips for plotting will be considered and appreciated. I want to try planning out short stories, as when I "pants" everything turns out to be novella/novel length.

Keep strong, compatriots, we are keeping the written word alive! : D

P.S. You two posted while I was writing my post! XD

Layla: Sounds like another productive day. You seem very good at managing your life and the various things that go into it. It's impressive and you deserve a pat on the back. Keep it rollin'!

Keithy: You're swimming buddy! 902 words is a good spot to be. Keep on swimming! : )

Last edited:

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Day 14

Word Count - 350

Revisions - 1 chapter, 3 scenes

Daniel - That chart is loooong. Lol. I can post a sample, if you want a peek. WTG on that flowing 3392 word count.

April - WTG on whirling cogs!

Keithy - :roll:

Layla - Steady as you go!

The scene chart is up to date. HooHaa!

April Swanson

Happy Beeps
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilswanson.com
Pterofan: Yay for progress!

Robert: Sounds like you’re on fire! Great work.

WGough: HONK. Nice work with Chap 28 :)

Layla: Is it a special moon right now? Yay 1/4 page :)

Keithy: Interesting. I might check it out then. 902 is great!

Daniel: I think the best approach is to be flexible re planning/pantsing; sometimes one works and sometimes you need the other. Awesome word count! I also write to music too, but I can’t write with lyrics on so it’s usually video game/film scores. If you’re into fantasy music, I have a million recs :)

Cindyt: I’d love to see a chart sample! Awesome sauce with the writin’ and revisin’.

Originally I thought Chapter 10 would be a breeze but golly gosh was I wrong. Anyway, the thing’s done (about 3238 drafted) and now it’s onto Chapter 11, which will be plain sailing once I think of a plot.

Day 15: Decent bit; 5 miles; dragon jukebox

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
Oct 14 Update

So I spent time yesterday organizing material for Book 2 and the ideas flowed nicely. Right now its taking existing ideas, placing them in a chronological order, and fleshing out some of the material. Unfortunately I had to stop to make a late dinner for my wife and I and never got back to the PC. I am so excited about starting to write Book 2. I'm amazed at the bank of ideas that are flowing and hope I can pull it all together into a dramatic, suspenseful story that people will enjoy. I know I accomplished it with Book 1 because anyone who read it keep asking me where I'm at with Book 2 and what am I going to do about character A or B or this plot or the other. So its really encouraging to have my developmental readers asking about it. I have an open evening tonight to write and continue to brainstorm on ideas. Wish I could skip work and spend the day writing.

April - Nice job finishing ch. 10 - I'm curious about your comment about the plot. I've found myself falling into the same thing and have asked my developmental readers what they thought my plot was because I have several threads and subplots in my story.

Cindy - good job plugging away at the word count and making revisions to your draft.

Daniel - great word count. Don't worry about the editing. Do whatever works for you. If the creativity is flowing, which it looks like it is, then keep pushing through. You can go back and edit later. I personally write a chapter and then go back and review/edit it, then move on to the next chapter. Re: music I like to listen to background sounds like rushing water, or blizzard winds if I need something neutral, or if I am in an action mode then I listen to composers such as Hans Zimmer, Jo Blankenburg, Twelve Titans Music to name a few. Best of luck to you.

Keithy - you've been doing great. Any amount advances your project.

Layla - keep cracking, 1/4 page is writing. I have some 1/4 pages packed full of great stuff.

Pterofan - 99 words can fill in some important parts.

Taylor - welcome.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 14 - 313 words...of flash, alas

I shouldn't moan about the flash. It's still writing, and sometimes it pays off. I've had flash scenes grow into stories and even books. Snake Woman was born in a flash scene. I decided she was too good a character to just leave sitting around, so she ended up in a book and did very well for herself. She landed Tom Selleck, didn't she? :)

On the legit writing front, I was able to drag my heels long enough to get a paid assignment, so now I have an excuse. The flash will probably continue for another week or so.

sandree

Registered
Reaction score
I’m on the second pass of editing looking more at the writing this time and breaking it up into chapters - got through 3 chapters. Looks OK but I worry that it is too slow. There is so much going on in my life that is totally distracting. My functional doctor recommends that we move out of our house even if mold is remediated. Ugh - the troops are not happy with this advice even though I am.

Pterofan - 313 counts!

K Robert - so great to have that positive feedback spurring you on.

Cindyt - awesome organizational skills!

Daniel - you are motoring along! Congrats on no smoking and drinking and feeling clearer as a result...

Keithy - congrats on swimming away...

Layla - your consistency comforts me:Hug2:

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 15
Revised one scene, 1109 words.

Layla: Way to 1/4 page!

Keithy: Nice word count.

DanielSTJ: An amazing day for you! Holly Lisle's Plot Clinic offers some interesting tips. Good luck!

Cindyt: Way to draft and revise!

April: "Once I think of a plot." Love that!

K Robert Donovan: Wow, that's some serious planning. Congrats!

Pterofan: You're writing every day, flash or no. That's something to crow about!

sandree: Three chapters is amazing!

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Keithy - congrats on the 902 (Death Mountain!)
well hot damn Daniel! 3392 words (and flow) - & way to go on the clear head and lungs.
Congrats on the 350 and the revision, Cindy
Wowza April - 3238 and a chapter! That's a decent bit for sure. (no special moon, per se. I just have an inordinate fondness for it & love to gaze upon it's shining face whenever I can. These days I'm doing a little moon yoga/singing practice.)
Way to keep at it, KR
Ptero, nice work on that 313 :)
Congrats on the editing and keeping at it. This thread really helped my do *something* even something small, and be able to show up for my Inner Writer even when life got overwhelming. k
Excellent work, Gough

Day 15
(what - the Ides of October already??)

WIP - ~1/3 page.
R/SC - very tired tonight, did some reading on my comfy couch, then rallied & did some dishes (more than I thought I had) & made couscous so I have lunch for tomorrow. Coffee is all ready to go, too.
BP/$$ - earning service

ubriel

Registered
Reaction score
Day 15! Wow... I am realizing now that I should have made a note of where my WIP word count was sitting on day 1. I have topped the 130k words mark in my first draft. That comforts me. It means I have loads of excess that can be trimmed away and shaped and molded to suit my needs. I am finding that even if my husband wants to interrupt me every five minutes, I can get several hours of good writing time in if I just wake up a few hours before he does. This isn't really news but i have to keep treating it like new information so I don't feel so bad about not utilizing that time consistently. I am half way through my second to last chapter! OMG. I might be actually truly done soon. 0.0
<.< I need to start baking so I can bribe people to read it for feedback. One cookie per useful comment...

You guys, How do you stay so consistent with checking in here? I want to check in every day but every time I pull up the page, I appear to have missed at least one day. I thought I posted something yesterday but apparently I only considered it and didn't actually manage to post it.

Keithy---Nice! That is a really good number to hit in a day.

Daniel STJ---sauce on potatoes... like, gravy? How can gravy be wrong? :p Way to go on the smoking and drinking cessation. I can't think about not smoking without crying a little... Never was much of a drinker though. Maybe these e-cigs will work for me. I tend to write in the blessed silence when I can get it. It helps me tune in to the voices in my head. :D

CindyT---Grats! I am a spreadsheet gal myself. I want to chart out my story arcs and flow on a spreadsheet but I also want to just get all of the words on the page without skipping any... so many challenges.

April---I love discovering the story as I go. I think that might be why I feel my later chapters aren't as good as the early ones. By the time I get to the end of the book, I already know where it is going and I am not really discovering anything fresh anymore.

K Rob---I am right there with you on skipping work to write. It is a huge temptation. Every. Single. Day.

Pterofan---Never discount the flash. And grats on the paid assignment. What type of work is it? I really need to look into doing freelance copy work...

Sandree---Pacing is hard. And mold is terrifying. Good luck!

WGough---Revision-land!

Layla---Well done. The 1/3 page too but mostly the dishes! I hate doing dishes.

Motivational Thought:
“To create one’s own world takes courage.” Georgia O’Keeffe

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
CindyT: Nice, good job on the scene chart as well as the word count and the revisions!

April: I totally agree. What I'm doing, when I'm not writing, is brainstorming where my story is going to go. The next step, I suppose, is making a few rough ideas down on my tablet and then taking it from there. I like a sort of loose feel to it-- I feel it allows me to be more creative. Besides, editing can trim down the excess fat I suppose. Sure, if you're willing to give me some recommendations I'll check them out. I listen to so much music, but I can always fit in more since I typically read and write to music all day. Great job on your efforts today, you took it home! :D

Robert: I think that's some really good advice and I will heed it. I love Zimmer, but I haven't heard of the two others and I'll be checking them out. Thanks for the recommendations! Also, I'm glad that you're figuring out your books and what you want to do with them. I agree it's a challenge, but I think you're handling it in a logical, organized fashion and I hope it'll work for you.

Pterofan: Keep flashing! And that's exciting about the paid assignments. What sort of work is that, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Sandree: Good work on the editing, I'm glad it's flowing through. And oh damn about the mold. I do know it can be dangerous to your health, so do be careful. I'm confused about why, if it's remediated (my father works in that industry and once it's clean it shouldn't be a problem :S) that it's still suggested you move. Hmm...

WGough: Excellent revisions. Always on top of the game. You're a model for progress and giving it a good go everyday! :D

Layla: Thanks Layla! It sounds like you've had an exhausting day. I was tired all today too and didn't get in as much as I had hoped to. But there's always tomorrow! Couscous is a dish I like! I like how you're organizing your day. Props! :D

Ubriel: Hey, whatever works for you! I heard that Crichton had a schedule of waking up 1 hour earlier every day when he wrote. That's an intense example, but if yours if working than all the power to you. Keep at it! And, lol, they included the beef gravy with the dish for the potatoes and stuffing and I used the gravy intended for the chicken. Oh well! :p I'm experimenting with silence, but I find that (since I write on my bed most of the time) it tends to make me a little sleepier. Still, with the coming days I hope to be more awake.

Me: 2,271 words-- not bad I think. I was so tired today. I'm not sure why. I think it's because I tried to skip my morning tea and I couldn't make it without falling asleep a few extra hours. Yet, if my body needs it, I'll give it some more sleep. Did NOT smoke and drink. I'm really liking how this is going. My lungs were a bit sore today, but they cleared out on my walks and they're feeling lighter and more replenished. Another good thing is a small lump on my neck turned out to just be a pimple-- I'm kind of a hypochondriac and thought it might be a thyroid problem. :X
All is well. I'm meeting a friend this Friday for a light hanging out session-- a movie and just a few beers, and I'm having a great week. Finished some Nabokov and Stephen King today and I'm halfway through that psychology textbook. I also started Darwin's The Voyage of the Beagle (I have already read The Origin of Species.) I want to push my reading into overdrive mode since I have the time. I feel that it really benefits my writing when I read more daily and it adds to just about every layer, so I intend on getting a lot more reading done in the coming weeks. Also, I'm debating, and anyone can chime in here, whether watching movies can be helpful for writng in the sense of absorbing plot, style, and content. Do you think I should try to incorporate that as well or stick to just reading tons? Additionally, I'm returning to my Meetup writing group that is held twice a month in my city. It'll be good to get some more eyes over pieces I write and influence me to produce small written works for it. Hey, whatever works, right?

Good hustle everyone! I'll be back here tomorrow. Early wake-up: 6:30. Ugh!

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Day 15

Word Count - 2413

Growing Up Buford Blog - Second draft of the true ghost story, Ghost Walking.

Revisions - Repositioned a long scene and updated it with new and changed elements.

Ubriel - I love tables myself. My scene chart is an info dump to keep up with the time and date of each scene in each chapter, the clues and serial calls as they arise.

Donovan - Isn’t it nice when things flow? Nice job!

Daniel - 2271 word count is not bad at all! WTG! Take care of yourself!

Gough - Way to draft!

Sandree - Good revising.

April - Nice word count and WTG on finishing Chapter 10! Good luck with the next one.

Layla - WTG on ⅓ page!

ADSOS%20CRIME%20CHART%20GRAPHIC.webp

Last edited:

April Swanson

Happy Beeps
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilswanson.com
Robert: That’s great! So glad you’re really excited to write Book 2. For Chap 11 I knew generally what happened but I just needed to figure out the perilous details :)

Pterofan: A week of flash sounds like a good way to reset between books.

sandree: Great job with the editing. I hope things work out with your house.

WGough: High five for revising and drafting! I remember I used to be jealous of you and your revising and now I’m here doing it too … yeah, not so much :p

Layla: The moon is awesome. Also your life sounds like a poem. Yay for 1/3 page :)

ubriel: Amazing progress! Re consistency, I post at the same time every day.

Daniel: Not bad at all! You’ve got a lot going on right now, so extra credit for not drinking or smoking. As for recs, if you’re looking for just general fantasy background music then the Elder Scrolls albums are all good for that—especially Oblivion and Skyrim, also all the Civilisation albums. For good all-round fantasy albums, I’d recommend The Witcher 3, God of War, Conan the Barbarian, Game of Thrones (espesh 7 and 8). If you love Zimmer then you’ll know John Williams, Howard Shore, John Powell … My god, typing all that out makes it clear how male-dominated the industry is! K, Jessica Curry’s album for Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture is really beautiful. It’s mostly choral-based, if that’s your thing.

Cindyt: Wooft, great count! Thanks for posting a sample—it’s really helpful to see all the details you’ve included.

Sloggy-Mcslog-slogged my way through Chapter 11 yesterday (3829 drafted). It was not pretty. Chapter 12 is contains one of the biggest moments of the book so I’ll need to get myself together for that. Then Chaps 13-16 still have a lot of holes. I’m gonna treat myself to a reading binge once this draft is done …

Day 15: Decent bit; 5 miles; not-so-premier pies

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 16
Finished revising Chapter 29. Revised Chapter 30.

Layla: Nice 1/3 page, and way to rally!

ubriel: Nice work! Nearly there!

DanielSTJ: You are a machine! Amazing word count, not smoking, reading like a boss. You might try watching a movie or two for plot. I end up getting caught up in it and forget I was supposed to studying the damned thing. See: Fleabag. So happy you have a writing group!

Cindyt: Um, stealing your chart. The format not the content.

April: Way to slog! You can do it. Nothing I do is worthy of envy.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 15 - 519 words of flash

Daniel and Ubriel - I do freelance editing for a small romance ebook publisher. I get paid to read dirty books. :evil

April - I love the Conan soundtrack! (The Ah-nold version, correct? Damn, that's powerful music.) Close second: John Williams's score for Superman: The Movie.

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Daniel - congrats on your 3392 and 2271 words. That's more than I can get most weeks. Hot doffings sent your way fine sir.
April - good to get a chapter out of the way.
Robert Donovan - I like planning too. Sounds like you have it under control.
Sandree - we have mold too. Try using moisture traps, they help a lot.
Ubriel - ooh, 130k sounds good to me. Happy pruning.
Cindy - working hard as usual
Pterofan - yes I like the Conan music too. Have you tried the main theme from Krull?

OK I've not had a brilliant couple of days, tired and lacking in inspiration. So I need to get Shana from the "dig" to getting in a city (and failing to get into the inner keep). There are ways to get this done, but I've decided that she gets transported by a (mostly) invisible flying demon. Shana has other senses that can perceive it. I have a list of things to happen for at least a couple of chapters.

research - the rogue bludger and horntail dragon scenes from Harry Potter.

Non-writing

piles and piles of laundry (more tomorrow)
food shopping
feeling tired.

keep swimming, no treading water.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Ubriel - congrats on the progress :) I always want to see what's going on with everybody, so that keeps me motivated.
Daniel - wow, great work: 2271, and with the not smoking or drinking. :D :D
Wowza Cindy, congrats on the 2413, and on the revisions!
April, 3829 - so great!
Gough, nice work with those two chapters :D
Ptero, excellent work with that 519
Keithy, good to see you - & good to hear what's going on with Shana :D

Day 16

WIP - 1/2 page
R/SC - cooked & packed lunch, and got my coffee set up
BP/$$ - earning service

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
Update Oct 15

So last night I got a lot of work done with writing down ideas. At first I had trouble organizing because I was all over the place with ideas but eventually settled on thinking through the story arcs of each character. I have several story lines moving different directions in Book 2 and the intro of new characters. It will be interested to figure out how to bring them all together again and mesh the plots and subplots. Book 1 was much more spontaneous in writing and came together fantastic. Book 2 I have to keep track of the different characters and the readers investment in each character BUT... I don't want to lose the spontaneity of going a different direction. So I will create the outline but allow myself to explore beyond the boundaries. Its really exciting to be writing new material again. UPDATE - I counted my word count of my notes and the little content I wrote and it amounted to 1109.

In addition I did more research on agent queries - It left me a little depressed. I read about some agents talking about certain things they are looking for - I had no idea what they were talking about - it forced me to research even more to better understand some of the jargon used. It left me wondering where my writing fits.

Pterofan - great job with the progress

WGough - excellent with the editing - I'm on Ch 19 tonight and hope to finish it before I fall asleep.

April - nicely done with the McSlogging - 3829 sounds like a good vintage year.

Cindy - 2413 word - good job.

Daniel - 2271 words is a good amount - My opinion on watching movies - I think it helps - Its funny how I watch movies with a critical eye now and when I see different behaviors or actions, I think "Hey, that's my female C character and I could use similar mannerisms or voice." So I find it helpful to watch movies. Same things with books. I enjoy seeing how other authors describe things. Its helps me break out of my limited range or actions. My biggest repeats words are "turned", "towards", and "for a moment" - I've been editing the crap out of those to reduce their usage. So watching movies and reading books to find other ways to express and share your story is a plus +++.

Ubriel - nicely done with the 130K word count. The trimming part can be tough so be patient with it and don't jeopardize your story or characters. I reduced 232K down to 199K so far and am fearful that I cut some little gems and character dev material. I'm at Beta Read stage now so I will be curious to get some feedback. Best of luck to you finishing. It feels great when you hit it. I was absolutely THRILLED with how my book ended. I hope you have the same experience.

Layla - I love your consistency - nice methodical pace.

Sandree - I feel you on the editing phase. I am on Draft #4 and decided to step away to do research and brainstorm ideas for book 2. All the best.

Keep at it everyone