2019 Rugby World Cup

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody else watching?

I caught a few minutes of the highlights programme and Japan are up to more of their old tricks, carrying on from their 2015 giant killing (S Africa). They've taken the scalp of another world rugby big beast -- Ireland.

Okay, so maybe Japan have moved up the rankings in the last four years, and Ireland did not have Sexton, but it was still a joy to see the Japanese fans going out of their minds.

delb0y

Registered
Reaction score
Looking forward to Australia / Wales tomorrow. Big game that will affect their quarter final opponents.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Looking forward to Australia / Wales tomorrow. Big game that will affect their quarter final opponents.

Bit anxious about this, rather than looking forward to it. Wales exasperate me, the number of times Australia's form was a bit ropey, and yet we failed to beat them. Arghh!

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Wales are through to the semis after beating France.

I should be thrilled, but after that performance, pfft! So much for our much vaunted defence!

France must be feeling a bit miffed, even if that red card against them was bang to rights.

Maybe a diabolical performance will make the team buck up their ideas. Maybe. S Africa look a really decent team with great line speed. I think I shall be hiding behind the sofa for the next game.

England are going well and look like class. NZ seem pretty scary, so business as usual, then.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Blimey! England beat New Zealand, the world champs, and looked the better team.

I'd like to think Wales could get through to the final, because there is a consistent pattern of England, even awesome England teams, losing the plot, when confronted by red shirts. But... Beating South Africa is going to be a big ask. If we play like we played against France, S Africa will hand us our asses.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, That England vs S Africa final was a bit of an eye opener.

The S African scrum was immense and their defence likewise. I don't know what the hell happened to England, but they didn't seem to have turned up and when they did, all those unforced errors. Yikes!