Ciao!

Asher Bodhi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there. I am new to the writing community and as suggested, I’m introducing myself. I’ve written mostly legal papers (i.e. prospectus, business plan, estate planning), and dabbled in business manuals, romance/adventure, children’s books, and poetry. I am currently working on a self-help book regarding organization.

Until recently, writing was my hobby. I’ve been fascinated with writing since the third grade and I am finally in a position to pursue it full time. Yay! Currently, my only hobby is reading the Bible. I hope that's not too weird. Other than that, I do enjoy reading good articles from various news sources and large intellectually deep/drama full novels. I do not beta read. At least I haven’t yet.

I am an amateur writer at best, working diligently to improve. What I am an expert at is yacht detailing. Life takes you to strange unexpected places sometimes. I’m not kidding either, 17+ years. Legally speaking, I am considered an expert! Can you guess what I was before that? The first paragraph will give you a hint. I was a legal assistant for many years. I guess back then I would have been considered an expert at that!

Well, that’s enough of me for now.

I pray you all have fair winds and following seas,
-Me

UrbanAmazon

It must be Thursday.
Registered
Reaction score
Heyo and welcome! And thanks for joining the forums. Not only do we hope the forums will help support your creative goals, but we hope you can bring your expertise to work as well! Like life, sometimes you really cannot expect where writing projects might take you. I remember the time I ended up having to look up Turkish homonyms, Romanian nuclear power plants, and names of prescription anti-convulsant medications in the space of less than a page.

Is your current project on organization as a matter of physical organization/filing, or more along the lines of organizing one's life?

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Asher. Yachts seem to go well with Adventure stories. Have you ever used that knowledge in your writing?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Dan Rhys

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Welcome, Asher! I wish I had time to really get into the Bible. I have been meaning to, but with a 15-month-old in the house, I just can't seem to do it. Even apart from religion, JEOPARDY frequently asks questions from the Bible, so I hate rarely knowing the answer :)

Pastelnudes

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Asher. Hope you find it useful and supportive here.

Asher Bodhi

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the response.

My current project is more about organizing one's life, specifically organizing schedules to accomplish goals with less stress.

I sincerely appreciate the support. I believe joining these forums will be just the thing I need to keep me on track. I am always open to providing what knowledge I have to anyone who asks, but suspect it is I who has won the prize in finding these forums!

Your research sounds fascinating. I would love to read your work sometime. Please let me know how I can do that. I'm intrigued already. Your research and titles are awesome.

Thanks again!

Asher Bodhi

Registered
Reaction score
Interesting question. Thank you.

I did try writing a romantic pirate adventure, but ditched the whole thing half way through. Too cliché. I couldn't figure out how to bring out enough originality. I still may use my nautical knowledge somewhere down the line. Who knows?

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
A busy résumé! It's great to have many talents. Welcome.

Asher Bodhi

Registered
Reaction score
That's great! I have 4 children myself, although three are grown now and one is almost. Since you only get this time once in your life, enjoy your time with your child. Every moment with them is so special, even when it doesn't seem like it.

Even though I am at an easier time in life with more free time, I have had to schedule reading a chapter a day in my routine. But I'm a little nutz. I can't seem to do anything without it being organized in a schedule. I have absolutely no idea how I ever raised 4 children as a single parent. I do know I never made the time to read the Bible then, although I wish I had.

Good luck and God bless!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. Glad to be here.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi back at ya. So far, it's definitely supportive. Thank you.

Asher Bodhi

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I would call it talents, but thank you. It's always amazing when someone else thinks so!

KDIvanov

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Asher :welcome: You certainly have a cool resume going, and a nifty knowledge base for things that tend to bamboozle the layperson.

Asher Bodhi

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for that! Can I use that? From now on instead of thinking or saying it's a strange combination, I'd like to say that, "a nifty knowledge base for things that tend to bamboozle the layperson." Sure makes me sound more interesting when you put it that way. Thank you.