Greetings!

Whiskerface

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m Whiskerface and I’m here for the party. I’ve written off and on for years, but finally began taking it more seriously in 2014 when my husband bought me an iPad. I can’t type, but the nifty touchscreen keyboard is a blessing. In my personal life, I stay at home. My kids still live here, but they’re in their early twenties and do their own laundry, so my time is pretty unstructured. It gives me time to write and I’m now writing every day.

For genres, I enjoy fantasy and mystery, with a little sci-fi tossed in. I like a good autobiography, but there’s fewer of those around. If I find Agatha Christie’s autobiography or Shelley Winters’, or David Niven’s(he has two)again, I’m getting them. I belong to another writing website and I dabble in reviewing that includes grammar and punctuation, but I wouldn’t call myself a beta reader.

I’m writing fan fiction. I never expected that, but I’m having a lot of fun with it. I’m a snob—“Twilight fan fiction? How gauche”—but I love my fandom and I’m growing in my ability and that’s the point.

I don’t have many hobbies, but I belong to a church and a bible study outside of that, so some of my friends are from there. Other than that, I’m a semi-pro wiseass. Good meeting everyone. Whiskerface

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Whiskerface. At last, someone else who enjoys writing on a tablet. It's a little slower, but you can walk around, chill on a couch, with your legs hanging over the armrest, or even write while you're standing in a line. It's great.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.