Happy Birthday Stephen King

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Stephen King turns 72 today (September 21, 2019) so :Cake:. What are some of your favorite, and not so favorite King books and/or movies? What specifically do you like or dislike about his writing style? Has your writing at all been influenced by King?

I will confess, when I first got into being a writer I wanted to be the next Stephen King.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, SK! :Cake: I've been an avid fan since Carrie and have bought every novel (as opposed to the Gunslinger/Dark Tower series) and anthology of shorts.

To celebrate this young whippersnapper's 72nd, I'm currently reading The Institution.

Write on!

MadAlice

We're all mad down here
Registered
Reaction score
He's my favorite. I always read a lot (A LOT), but I clearly remember finding a Stephen King novel (Firestarter) in my mom's closet in like 3rd grade and reading it, then reading more King, and that starting my want to write. The way he gets in my head and makes me creeped the heck out is amazing.
I still gotta read The Institution.

MadAlice

We're all mad down here
Registered
Reaction score
He's my favorite. I always read a lot (A LOT), but I clearly remember finding a Stephen King novel (Firestarter) in my mom's closet in like 3rd grade and reading it, then reading more King, and that starting my want to write. The way he gets in my head and makes me creeped the heck out is amazing.
I still gotta read The Institution.