• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

Online writing workshops

Coralynn

Learning and Improving
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm getting back into writing after a few years doing other things and I was wondering if anyone has experience with some online workshops they have found particularly beneficial. I joke that I've forgotten everything, but honestly I think once I'm thinking about writing and discussing it with other writers it will start coming back. I'm a little afraid to touch the WIP I had started without a little refresher course.

If this question has been asked and answered somewhere else recently please feel free to direct me there. Thanks in advance.

ldlago

Banned
Reaction score
Coralynn, I hooked up with the Internet Writing Workshop run out of Penn State University and stayed with it for awhile. It's a free workshop. They ask you to split time between posting your own writing and critiquing others. I got away from it, because I was spending too much time critiquing and not enough on my own stories. I did leave having gotten some worthwhile and valuable suggestions about how to improve. You just have to make up your own mind about which advice to take. It comes at you from many directions.

Coralynn

Learning and Improving
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll look into this.