crass role reversal

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
As an aside, and filed under 'research I never expected to do but found myself curious':

According to google each milliliter of normal semen contains 15 million sperm.

Mathematically, all the women in Los Angeles and New York cities combined could be impregnated by one man's single donation.

:)

p.s. I don't have a problem with the premise at all but repeat the suggestion to read The Power.

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The same reason behind all bad things people do - because they can. All people, irregardless of their demographic, have the capability to be awful to others.

MC is a gang leader - all the other gangs are led by females. He was a commodity (a prostitute) used by his former mistress gang leader, but he escaped, then came back and killed her and took half her territory (the other half is still held by her daughter). So, he's taken a position that, in the view of many, should be held by a woman.

This is a society that has been isolated for six centuries and have forgotten their past. The animosity of the crowd come from the position he holds and how he attained it - the suggestive nature of the jeers are related to his former profession, and the common belief among the population that men are only good for one thing.

People tend to be awful in different ways.

It does sound like you're attaching current male characteristics to women in this future society, in which case I guess they'd yell things men currently do?

As to the reproduction thing, did they lose tech? We can clone people; humanity wouldn't die out without men.

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
People tend to be awful in different ways.

It does sound like you're attaching current male characteristics to women in this future society, in which case I guess they'd yell things men currently do?

As to the reproduction thing, did they lose tech? We can clone people; humanity wouldn't die out without men.

Yes. The story starts out on a star ship that has been isolated for 600 years - the systems are breaking down, the air is polluted and food is becoming scarce - even for a greatly reduced population. The command structure has also fallen apart, with street gangs battling each other for resources.

Later they will meet up with another group of people who were left stranded on an icy planet (from book #2 in the series) that are slightly better off technically, but suffer with the same genetic problem - they handle the issue differently.

The theme of this book is redemption - the groups will combine and will find a better place to live.

Last edited: