• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Swap for 25k Contemporary Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryLennox

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I would like to find a beta reader for my contemporary adult romance. I would like someone who is familiar with/currently reads similar books. It's a little bit steamy, as in sex scenes don't fade to black, but it's not erotica.

I am happy to beta read for a fellow romance writer. I also read a lot of YA of all genres - if you have a YA ms you would like someone to read who actually reads YA.

Here is my little description/query-in-process (it needs work, but not worried about that right now - just trying to find beta readers first):

Dating is hard, just ask craft store owner Jillian Cooper. After a long history of horrible first dates, she’s ready to give up and dedicate the rest of her life to knitting with her dog. Then she meets Michael at a handmade show – super cute, super fun, and super out of his element in the world of crafts. But why does he seem so interested in pursuing her? And why is falling in love with the bad boy so easy?

Michael Smith is more interested in one night stands than finding his one in a million. After the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, his mom is dying. There’s nothing she wants more than to see him settled down with a nice girl. His older brother, recently divorced Steve, concocts a plan to help Michael find (and keep) the perfect bring-home-to-mom girlfriend. With the coaching of Steve, Michael is able to find the girl of his mother’s dreams.

Michael never thought he’d actually fall for the crafty-girl type whose knitting skills are on par with his mom’s. But keeping secrets from the one you love is never a good idea, especially when your older brother/dating coach is falling for the same girl.

KNIT LOOP LOVE (25, 000 words) is a bad boy meets good girl standalone contemporary romance.

MaryLennox

Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm all set for beta swaps! Thank you to everyone who sent messages! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.