Hello!

CrystalUsagi

Registered
Reaction score
You can call me CrystalUsagi or Crystal. I'm a girl residing in the United States. I have a guinea pig, and a cat. I know a bit of Japanese and I'm learning Chinese this year.

I like to watch anime, horror/crime/fantasy movies/shows, playing with photoshop (you should see some of my creations :p), baking cakes and cookies, reading fantasy/horror books and of course writing. I like to write fantasy, dark fantasy, and horror. I am currently writing a fantasy web novel/universe. I've started to write at 13 and I've made great progress even though my writing's still bad haha. Lots to learn. Additionally, I like listening to k/jpop. Hello everyone!

Last edited:

Cybernaught

Decker
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I'm just coming back around these parts, myself. What's your novel about?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to have you join us, Crystal. Welcome!

Maryn, who knows where the chocolate is hidden

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

CrystalUsagi

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I'm just coming back around these parts, myself. What's your novel about?

I guess it's a generic fantasy story (I mean I don't know. I feel pressure to change it because of "cliques"?)? It's about a wood elf named Rose who lives in a fantasy world I created, Astellae. Spirits (magically neutral creatures who do not attack unless provoked), began attacking and it seems that someone is the cause of this. I don't wanna spoil the entire thing. I'm not good at plots. I've published chapter 3 two days ago and I'm working on chapter four.

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I guess it's a generic fantasy story (I mean I don't know. I feel pressure to change it because of "cliques"?)?
Welcome Crystal. I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are millions of books out there, which means everything has already been done to death. Just write the story you are passionate about telling, and enough of you will come through to make it your own. Best of luck with it.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, Crystal.

I like reading dark fantasy and horror. I'm currently reading Stephen Kings latest novel, The Institution.

Bring cookies to our next meeting. :greenie

CameronJohnston

Great Old One
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronjohnston.net
Welcome to AW! :welcome:
Fantasy, dark fantasy and horror books are great things :) I'm also a big fan of anime!

As for your writing - don't worry about trying to make it less generic or anything, just write the story you want to write and people can like it or lump it. These days so many people are writing things avoiding 'generic' fantasy that there's actually very little modern 'generic' fantasy out there.

Dan Rhys

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Welcome, Crystal! I hope you enjoy your experience here. I am a bit of a language person myself, though Welsh is the only language besides English that I have more or less mastered. The character I mainly use for my stories is American but of Welsh background and speaks the language. I don't know if you include it in your writing, but it helps me develop my character a bit.