New Brett Kavanaugh Allegations

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
You can't be a show-off and not have witnesses.

-cb

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Dems need four seats to flip the Senate if they can keep the remaining ones, or three if they win the presidency. Just sayin'.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It could help or backfire: It's good that people who fear Trump is going to appoint another sleaze-ball will be motivated against Trump. And I see it as "I told you so." I think that at least provides support for Blasey-Ford who stood up against a wrong and has suffered for it.

The negative will come from people who think the Democrats are falsely attacking their good Catholic Boy they believe will help overturn Roe.

What I wonder is, who here has been at college parties, frat or otherwise where drunk guys were flapping their dicks around?

I've never seen any guy do that at a party and I have by no means led a sheltered life. It's bizarre.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
It could help or backfire: It's good that people who fear Trump is going to appoint another sleaze-ball will be motivated against Trump. And I see it as "I told you so." I think that at least provides support for Blasey-Ford who stood up against a wrong and has suffered for it.

The negative will come from people who think the Democrats are falsely attacking their good Catholic Boy they believe will help overturn Roe.

I don't think it's going to matter even that much. I think they've always known he was guilty, but they don't care, because he's Their Boy. And besides, guys are just like that, and we need to lighten up, because if we disqualified every guy who waved his dick at someone who didn't want to see it, there'd be no GOP judges at all, would there? /s

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I don't think it's going to matter even that much. I think they've always known he was guilty, but they don't care, because he's Their Boy. And besides, guys are just like that, and we need to lighten up, because if we disqualified every guy who waved his dick at someone who didn't want to see it, there'd be no GOP judges at all, would there? /s

I just read this article recently.

Actually, the title is misleading, because it was an assault case that didn't shake ancient Rome, and in fact it was viewed as laughable to even bring such a thing forth as a negative about a man's character. How much has NOT changed in thousands of years, even though women are now allowed in courts of law and can be judges and attorneys and directly confront their assailants.

https://theweek.com/articles/807544/sexual-assault-case-that-shook-ancient-rome

:Headbang:

Last edited:

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
They rushed him through because they knew he was guilty. That's where we are.

And I want to see more on the connection between his debts being paid off before he was confirmed, and Deutsche Bank, and Justice Kennedy's retirement. I think it's all tangled up, though I suspect we won't ever learn the whole story. (I don't want to start a derail. I just don't know which angle to take to start a thread, and I am awaiting more info. I can delete the end if a derail seems to be happening).

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
I've never seen any guy do that at a party and I have by no means led a sheltered life. It's bizarre.

Kavanaugh sounds like this type of a guy who put spiders in girls' shirts when he was young and was never reprimanded. Somehow it grew from that.

-cb

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Kavanaugh sounds like this type of a guy who put spiders in girls' shirts when he was young and was never reprimanded. Somehow it grew from that.

-cb

Oh, he probably was one of those boys who pulled up girls' skirts in elementary school. Assuming there were any girls left in his school who wore them--we stopped wearing them at my grade school for that reason.

As for which comes first, the rapey college guys or the adult sleazebags who abuse women in professional settings, a circle has no beginning and (evidently) no ending.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

This is exactly the "ends justify the means" loss of integrity that characterizes modern conservatism and the Republican Party. Conservatives have trumpeted since at least the early 1990s that character matters. It does. I'm waiting for them to show some before I even have a chance of taking them seriously.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I just read this article, and it seems oddly relevant given the history of Kavanaugh and far too many other high school and college guys over the decades.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-women-report-first-sexual-experience-as-rape

What's additionally sick is that the median age of assailants is 27, while the median age of victims is 15.

It saddens me how many people still think the solution to this problem is to restrict the freedom of women rather than that of the gender that is committing most of these assaults.

Last edited:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Apparently, there were other people at those drunken dorm parties, who corroborate some of what's been alleged.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/15/politics/brett-kavanaugh-trump-doj-rescue/index.html

Yeah, my thought reading the thread title was, "But, it's not new."

There was a forest fire's worth of smoke at the time, lots of reporting about other people begging the FBI to take their statements and being told "Thanks, no thanks." That the Senate let this pass (not surprising) and the media let it fall by the wayside (disappointing AF) is the real story.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, my thought reading the thread title was, "But, it's not new."

There was a forest fire's worth of smoke at the time, lots of reporting about other people begging the FBI to take their statements and being told "Thanks, no thanks." That the Senate let this pass (not surprising) and the media let it fall by the wayside (disappointing AF) is the real story.

There's been a lot of "Nothing to see here, move along, move along" in this case since the beginning. It's sort of baffling given the long list of candidates who are just as much right-wing ideologues as Kavanaugh. Do they all have similar skeletons, or does the GOP simply think they have to look "strong" and victim blame in order to score points with their base?

Seriously, if the Democrats were being politically savvy, they'd wait on this until Trump is out of office (whether in 2020 or later) and they have the senate. Then they could successfully impeach Kavanaugh and replace him with someone more moderate, or even with someone left wing. Maybe Garland would be a good choice there.

But I can also see how impeaching a supreme court justice, something I think (correct me if I'm wrong) has never happened before, could be a terrible precedent. Because if it happens, the GOP will follow suit as soon as they are able, and it wouldn't matter if there is anything impeachable there or not.

I really am torn as to whether Democrats should start playing the kind of "political hardball" the GOP has been. I'd say no, except the GOP seems determined to do it anyway. But will the Democrats doing it too push our already teetering political system over the edge?

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
There's been a lot of "Nothing to see here, move along, move along" in this case. It's sort of baffling given the long list of candidates who are just as much right-wing ideologues as Kavanaugh. Do they all have similar skeletons, or does the GOP simply think they have to look "strong" and victim blame in order to score points with their base?

I sadly suspect that is indeed the point. It's not enough to simply agree with the Agenda: one must actively anger the opposition. "See this, you lousy snowflakes? Look what we can do with absolute power - and you can't do a blasted thing about it! We drink your tears and demand more!"