Salutations

Word Wizard

Registered
Reaction score
My names DeeAnna and I’m here to share my writings and makes friends. I write fantasy, horror and sci-fi for Young Adults. Currently my days and nights consist of writing my first novel because I dream of becoming an Author. My novel should be completed by the end of winter, but I’ am also fighting severe Fibromyalgia. Don’t worry about me though, I won’t let it win. ^_-

I love writing, monsters, movies, games and sculpting. <3

Can’t wait to share some stories with you guys! *girlie scream* EEee!

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

BPhillipYork

Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.BPhillipYork.com
My names DeeAnna and I’m here to share my writings and makes friends. I write fantasy, horror and sci-fi for Young Adults. Currently my days and nights consist of writing my first novel because I dream of becoming an Author. My novel should be completed by the end of winter, but I’ am also fighting severe Fibromyalgia. Don’t worry about me though, I won’t let it win. ^_-

I love writing, monsters, movies, games and sculpting. <3

Can’t wait to share some stories with you guys! *girlie scream* EEee!

Wow that sucks that diagnosis is just like "well you're life kind of sucks, nothing overly specific" that must be rough to work through. My mom's name is Deena, I'm always struck by how many names are similar, but not quite the same.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, DeeAnn.

I like reading fantasy and horror and am currently in the first pages of Stephen King's latest novel, The Institution.

Sorry for your struggle with fibromyalgia and glad you're not going to let it win.

:welcome:!

Dan Rhys

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Welcome, DeeAnna...I hope you have a good experience on this forum, and I share the empathy of others for your health challenge and hope you can overcome its difficulties. I notice more and more people tackling fantasy and sci-fi. I don't think I have that sort of otherwordly creativity, nor the courage to attempt it, so great for you. For what it's worth, I like to write what I call 'realistic escapism'...engaging very unusual but very possible situations/dilemmas that keep readers on the edge of their seats wondering how they will be resolved. It seems to be a scarce thing, but I enjoy it. All my best to you.

Word Wizard

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, DeeAnna...I hope you have a good experience on this forum, and I share the empathy of others for your health challenge and hope you can overcome its difficulties. I notice more and more people tackling fantasy and sci-fi. I don't think I have that sort of otherwordly creativity, nor the courage to attempt it, so great for you. For what it's worth, I like to write what I call 'realistic escapism'...engaging very unusual but very possible situations/dilemmas that keep readers on the edge of their seats wondering how they will be resolved. It seems to be a scarce thing, but I enjoy it. All my best to you.

Thank you for your kind words and I' m interested in this "realistic escapism", never heard that term before.

Word Wizard

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how posting works ha ha but I'll get there. I was wondering, does anyone else have any anxiety about posting? I'd love to share my stuff but I get so afraid that someone is going to steal my stuff :O

Word Wizard

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, DeeAnn.

I like reading fantasy and horror and am currently in the first pages of Stephen King's latest novel, The Institution.

Sorry for your struggle with fibromyalgia and glad you're not going to let it win.

:welcome:!

Nice! I just finished his book with his son, Sleeping Beauties. It was pretty good. Was my first King novel so it was cool that it was him and his son together.