Novel tweeting experiment

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I am by no means the first to tweet a novel, but I'm curious about its effects on the analytics for an already (self) published novel. I've started tweeting a YA fantasy novel of mine. Here's a link for anyone who's curious about how it pans out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JosinMcQuein/status/1172167436847726594

Hopefully my phone internet will let me keep this up.

cool pop

It's Cool, Miss Pop if You're Nasty
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like cool promotion but don't tweet too much of it. Don't wanna give the whole book away. ;)

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine is trying various alternative ways of storytelling, like this. I'll send her to your thread.

I almost feel like something in your story might be lost, with this approach. Like you might want to re-think the tags or something, things that I bet read differently in the print version. I feel like using a unique medium has real possibility (and I want to see what happens with your thread :) :) ), but that it might be important to think about what is lost by using an unusual format. Even things like the indents on the printed page give us cues when we read.

On the other hand people get past all sorts of things like this--the absence of quote marks was a viable thing for a while.

Definitely intriguing. You are definitely thinking outside the box. :)

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I'm almost through ch.1. (Amazingly long when broken into tweets!)

I've had a few issues with the thread breaking, but I think I've got it fixed.

No real info to share, yet.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Hey my friend (mentioned up thread) is going with the Radish app. Have you seen/tried that?