Hello All!

JJ-Blocks

Registered
Reaction score
I want to keep my real life name private, but, you can call be either JJ-Blocks or J-J!

I have been writing short stories and fiction for as long as I could write. My favorite stories to wright have always been adventure and suspenseful stories, although, I do like to write an occasional horror story! I have lived in the the general L.A metropolitan area all my life. As a result, almost all of my work has been created in an urban environment, except when I write an occasional horror story; the thought of some big monster roaming in an area that is unfamiliar to me is utterly horrifying, but, I digress.

My other pass-times are reading, "Read The Lion Witch And The Wardrobe, it is not only one of the best fantasy books, but, dare I say, one of the best books ever." studying history, and watching movies "Han shot first."

But, enough about me, I want to know more about YOU, what are your favorite books, movies, songs, etc. Why did you come to this forum and what do you hope to achieve in life?

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you. I'm pretty sure we're all readers here, so you're definitely among your own kind. At last, huh?

Maryn, smoothing her hostess apron

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, JJ.

About the opposite of your experience for writing, I grew up on a Montana farm. Thus, most of my mysteries, sci-fi, and horror happen in the mountain northwest.

But exactly like you, I read voraciously and have written stories all of my life.

Nice to have you with us. :greenie

JJ-Blocks

Registered
Reaction score
Aye, aye, captain!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, nice to be here!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the tips!

Elenir

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome JJ! I don't have a favourite book but I like fantasy, thriller, romance, adventure and mystery genres. Nice to meet you!