Best way to title first in a trilogy

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya. I'm getting notes together for my cover artist and curious what is standard or would be best for the subtitle for my novel. The phrasing. No matter how I try say this is the first in a trilogy, it feels wrong.

AEROVOYANT
Book 1 of Turaset's Industrial Age trilogy

AEROVOYANT
The Industrial Age trilogy, Book 1

AEROVOYANT
Turaset's Industrial Age trilogy, book 1

Or is there some other standard way to do the subtitle? I looked at a few titles and they seem to vary, and they all looked good, but I can't look at my own without thinking it looks stupid no matter how I try to write it. Help?

Last edited:

ironmikezero

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'd recommend keeping it simple . . .

AEROVOYANT

Vol. I
of

THE INDUSTRIAL AGE

Center everything of course (for some reason centering Vol.I & of won't format properly upon saving)
It's really your personal preference . . . you can always change your mind, right up to the last minute.

Last edited:

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, trilogy might not be needed....

raelwv

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jdbyrne.net
Yes, trilogy might not be needed....

I put it in because it's kind of a promise that the writer knows when/how it's going to end. I've talked to a non-negligible number of people at book festivals and such who shy away from jumping into a new series if they think it might not get finished or go on forever. One of the reasons I like the trilogy as a format is it says from the get go "this story will come to an end."

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it can go in the back cover blurb, too, instead. Certainly on the website.