I’ve Got a Love-ah-ly Bunch of Coconuts

twitchycat

Registered
Reaction score
Deedle-eee-deedee.

Hi, I’m twitchycat. I come from a time when people didn’t use their real names on the internet. We also read books and entertained ourselves by activities like jumping over strings attached to our legs and playing pretend. We got to do all these things, of course, because we weren’t expected to learn computer programming and nuclear physics by the age of twelve.

I have a tendency to clamber atop my soapbox and spout off about societal issues that bother me particularly. Of course I’m sure you do as well. We’re all writers here.

So. Authors I love. Mostly in sci-fi and fantasy; Robin Hobb, Robert Heinlein, Orson Scott Card, Melanie Rawn and Tracy Hickman, Tolkien, Lewis, Rowling, etc etc ad infinitum. I also still hold special fondness for Brian Jacques, Bruce Coville, and L.J. Smith for the YA books that started my love for reading.

I like stories. I like to write them and I like to read them and I like to make them better. I’m interested in getting into critiques here and hopefully finding some beta-swapping buddies. I have a couple of dystopian short stories published on Amazon to my admiring Facebook audience of twenty, and I’d like to learn and get better and help others here do the same. I’ve been writing since I was a kid, but never as seriously as now. I look forward to meeting some friends here!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Chronodendron

Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to AW!
Your introduction made me smile. 'jumping over strings attached to our legs', I remember those. :)
Still a newbie myself, but this seems like a cool place to hang out and learn.

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi twitchycat! Welcome! :hi: I'm Kat. Somewhat younger, but I know whereof you speak, being raised by Luddites and now teaching computer programming and nuclear physics to seven-year-olds.

This is a lovely site and I hope you enjoy your time here. You'll find interesting and helpful threads all over, but you'll likely find your posse over on this subforum, given your introduction.

See you around! :)

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a love-ah-ly bunch of coconuts

There they are, all standing in a row.
Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head . . .

:welcome:, Twitchycat. Now, tell me how I get the earwig of the tune out of my head. :greenie

Last edited:

twitchycat

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome!! �� I am a little long in tooth, but I can still get up to a spry bit of mischief, more’s the pity. Thanks for the sub forum leads too! And if a song’s caught in your head, why, you just hum an even more annoying one to take its place. �� See you round the water cooler!