10 Years as a Published Author

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
My very first book came out September 9, 2009.

100-some-odd books, 4 international relocations, several co-authors, 4 pen names, a dozen or so publishers, quite a few tattoos, several million words later, 1 agent, numerous cons, and a lot of mistakes later...

It's been a hell of a ride, and now it's my 10th anniversary as a published author. O.O The book that started it all, Between Brothers, is still in print, though no longer with its original publisher (it's self-published now).

Of course, a hat tip to everyone on AW. I joined in late 2006, and this community was a huge part of me getting off my butt (or, well, getting my butt in a chair) and getting serious about writing. Thank you all!

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Lori - that's some achievement. I think about what I've achieved writing-wise over the last ten years and it pales into insignificance compared to your stats. From what I recall you've always been a fast and prolific writer- long may it continue.

:partyguy:

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Oh awesome! Happy coming out anniversary!!!

Animad345

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, that's a fabulous achievement!
(Side note: a queer retelling of The Little Mermaid? Sign me up!) - *heads off to your website*