Festive South Park style Krampus, with St. Nicholas

AW Is an Amazon Associate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Where do we go from here?

Threaded View

Not as trollish as you might think Torill's Avatar
    Hi brywin – I agree with others here, seven agents, two rejections and 50 days – that's nothing. People have sent out 100 and more queries and still landed an agent. Revising the query after the first batch with only rejections/no replies is a good idea, too, sure – but, be careful about changing sample pages. The general expectation from agents is seeing the FIRST pages, (and in the right order, too), not random pages from anywhere in the manuscript.

If you suspect your opening pages are not strong enough to hook an agent, then rewrite them. Because then they won't be strong enough to hook a publisher either, or readers browsing books online or in a store to find one they would like to buy. The potential to hook readers is one of the first things agents and publishers are looking for in a manuscript.
    Last edited by Torill; 09-16-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    If only I could master that demon of procrastination that goes about like a roaring lion and devours all my good intentions… Henrik Ibsen, 1853

If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing badly

Book One
    – Querying. Wish me luck!
    Book Two – Started. Process so far
    :