Serious September - 500 words a day writing/editing - all genres welcome!

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
As in, seriously? It's September already?

Buckle up, people, summertime is officially over according to the UK Meteorological Office, so it's time to knuckle down and get some work done. Kettle's on. What are you having?

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
August was all right for me in the end. I got a lot of words and a lot of planning done. Now I just need to edit it together into some kind of submittable package.

So my goals are pretty simple:
1. Edit eleven chapters into a submittable state (this is what I need for my course - obviously I need to write the rest of the book before I submit it to any agents)
2. Write a synopsis
3. Make my final submission on the 23rd!

onesecondglance said:
Kettle's on. What are you having?

This will require something stronger than tea... coffee it is. White, no sugar.

BlackKnight1974

Registered
Reaction score
It's definitely autumnal here in the UK!

Due to moving house, the end of August was a bit of a right-off. I edited a lot more than I had planned to, however, much like a cat in a tree, I have no idea how my word count is going to get down:

48669778448_ee69f1533a_b.jpg

September's goals (aside from unpacking boxes and putting up curtains etc) will be more of the same. If the word count is still high after this pass, then a more brutal approach will probably be needed (much like my MC).

Right, time for a mug of Taylor's of Harrogate "Fika", white, no sugar

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Can I have hot cocoa? It's my favorite autumn drink.

I didn't write as much as I wanted to due to work stuff and headaches. So this month, I'm going to make more of an effort to get serious progress on The Vanishing (deadline Dec. 1st...as in a publication-ready draft).

I did take some time off (a few days) and this month I'd like to keep up my rule of stopping work at 9pm at the latest. Just to give my brain and body a break.

I also have several editing jobs coming. So more juggling.

Let the games begin.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
I'll have tea. My blood is probably part tea considering the number of cups I have.

August was - Meh. Not a failure, but certainly not a success. Would really like a successfully September packed full of progress.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats OSG, and best of luck on the rest of your target list.

Been a busy month so far, in many areas, yet the writing has been going well. Making up for last months shortfall.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Just over a week left. Seems like the month only just began.
I'm making up for my dismal August. How's everyone else doing?

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
::cheers all progress::

Doing okay. I'm almost 1/3rd done with The Vanishing, slowly chipping away at it. Lots of editing. This week hubby and I are going camping, and the only thing I'm doing is writing. No work. Can't wait.

BlackKnight1974

Registered
Reaction score
Haven't made as much progress with my editing as I would have liked. The fallout from moving house continues, with a seemingly endless list of tasks to be done. Throw in a new contract in my day job and my training regime and I've struggled for time.

Hoping things will settle down and still hopeful I can hit my target for the month

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Think I may just concentrate on editing stuff for the last couple of days.

SAOIRSE - Hope you have a great trip
BK - Hang in there, good times ahead
OSG - I salute you, congrats

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hugs, BlackKnight, I've had time issues myself.
OSG - Congrats on finishing and seeing daylight again! Whoohoo!
Zan75 - The trip was pretty good with a few blips. I hope your editing is going well.

So, yeah, camping trip. It was awesome to get away and NOT WORK. Except that I really wasn't feeling well. The first night I got sick, and then my tension headache came back...but on the upside, I got to do a ton of reading and relaxing. Soooo worth it.

On the writing front...LOL, it's pretty pathetic. I think I wrote just under 5k total. Oh well, October's another month.