AW Amazon Store

AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: SeptNoWriMo 2019 - Orange flowers, Swallows and Regret

Threaded View

Ugh, Tamlyn - hope you feel better soon.

I continued to be marginally productive this week - I started another book (Tristan Gooley's The Lost Art of Reading Nature's Signs) and made it to (nearly) the halfway point of my writing goal. No exercise this week; I torqued my back Wednesday morning right before a two-show day, and in spite of a 90-minute session with my massage therapist, it's still not right. A good brisk walk might help, or a visit to the chiropractic - maybe tomorrow or Tuesday, when I have a day off from the show.

The show has been extended (hooray for another week's salary), which means it will now close October 13th. I'll also be rehearsing for a concert that final week (fortunately at the same venue) so October is already shaping up to be a busy month, especially since I'm hoping to get Book 4 republished by mid-month. After the show closes I'm unemployed until late February. The owner of the Wild Bird Center where I was working part-time has offered me some hours during the holidays, but I kind of don't want to - I hate retail during the holidays. I'm also a bit desperate to get away for some vacation. Other than my July trip to Tennessee to look after my mother, I haven't had an out-of-town trip since May 2018. I'd thought about going down to Ocracoke Island in the Outer Banks, but it was hit pretty hard with flooding during Hurricane Dorian and almost everything is closed down while the residents clean up. It would also be super-nice to have my time free to focus on writing and maybe do NaNoWriMo in November.

I added a couple of goals to my self-publishing list: my formatter/cover designer turned things around very quickly and I have a spankin' new cover to be revealed and the galleys ready to review.

The weight continues to yo-yo. What a bore.

[ ] Write 5k words on Book 5 of my series - 2,345 of 5,000
    [ ] Read three books - 1 of 3

[x] Review text of Book 4 of series
    [
    x] Rewrite acknowledgements of Book 4
    [
    x] Submit Book 4 to formatter/designer
    [ ] Review galleys of Book 4
    [ ] Do cover reveal for Book 4

[ ] Get 1 hour of exercise every week -
    1 of 4
    [ ] Take 3 nature walks
    [ ] Lose 3 pounds - 0 of 3

Last edited by mrsmig; 09-22-2019 at 06:29 PM.
    Now available on Amazon!

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.