Hello from Seattle

BobaThad

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and get to know you guys a little bit more. My name is Thaddius Davis and I live in the Seattle area. I tend to like to write almost anything that comes to mind, but I really like Sci-Fi. I know that this is a subject that is completely flooded with content, but that does not stop me from having fun in this genre. I have been in a block for several years now and I just need to get back into writing. I look forward to getting to know each person on here and hopefully you can help me grow as a writer. Thank you so much and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. CHEERS

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, Thaddius. I was in Seattle last night watching the Seahawks barely squeak past the Raiders. (Well, actually my visit was via TV while I sat on my couch here in Albany, but we've been to Seattle, like it, and plan to go again. :greenie)

You're right about sci-fi regaining popularity. When I was in grad school in the '80s, speculative fiction was all the rage in the English and art departments, so I joined in the fun, too. :alienpuzzled::alienzapped::aliensmile::beam::mothership:

JosieK

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: SciFi is such a good genre to have fun in! It's my fave genre to write short stories in, it just feels so accessible with how popular it is. Welcome to the community, it'll be great to get to know you too!

KDIvanov

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Thaddius, and welcome!

I visited Seattle for the first time this January. After an all-night drive to the airport and a plane-ride without a wink of sleep, we finally hopped on a shuttle to the Sea-Tac rental car hub. In my sleep-deprived state, I mistook an air control tower for the Space Needle and my husband hasn't stopped reminding me about it since. :tongue

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

thorbjorn

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, hey! I'm from the San Juans, so I visit Seattle pretty frequently, and I'm hoping to live there once I'm out of school. You're living in an excellent spot. Welcome to the forums!

UchronianSteve

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Thad. Welcome to Absolute Write-never been to Seattle myself, though I'd love to visit someday!

Anyway, you're very much not alone in your appreciation of sci-fi; I myself have been a fan of Star Wars in particular going way back to when I was a kid, and I like Star Trek as well as Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, etc., and though my main specialty is counter-factual fiction I may actually get around to writing a couple of sci-fi stories someday soon.....in the meantime, best of luck in your future endeavors! :welcome:

BPhillipYork

Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.BPhillipYork.com
So I'm new and in Seattle also and I'm wondering, do you guys know of any good writing groups? Does AW have a sub forum for finding local writing groups. I checked out a couple on meetup, and I'm going to try going, but so far I havent' seen that one is making me feel super enthusiastic.