Hello

Chronodendron

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone

My name is Susana and I really don't like to talk about myself, so I'll be brief.
I've been writing fantasy all my life and finally found the time (and courage) to learn to do it properly and share it with the world.
I read pretty much anything, but have a soft spot for fantasy, sci-fi and historical fiction.
I'm extremely introverted, even behind a screen. This is me working to improve my social skills...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

- - - Updated - - -

:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

PiaSophia

Balkan writer of feminist horror stories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pia-sophia.com
:welcome:, Susana!

There was a poll here not too long ago, about whether the people on here consider themselves introverts or extroverts. I think more than 90% of the votes were for Introvert. So, you're not alone! Hope you feel comfortable here :)

Ricardo Salepas

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW!:welcome:

I believe that everyone has just a little introvert in them somewhere, so don't stress too much lol:tongue

Thurpa

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Susana,

I think we have a lot in common. I tend to agonize over every post I make. I'm glad I'm not the only timid one. Welcome! I'm very new as well.

This is my eleventh day here and in that time I've accrued a reading list of seven books and about twenty five blogs, plus a multitude of interesting threads encompassing thousands of posts giving good advice. There are so many resources here, and I'm pretty sure I'm still just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Hope you enjoy it.

juliavitalevna

Registered
Reaction score
HI Susana,

I know how you feel!

I also just joined, trying to get around this website.

Looing forward to reading some of your stuff

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Susana. My best bud just moved to Ireland, and he's been sending me photos of it. What an amazing place to write fantasy. You can go for a walk around the block (where he lives anyway) and feel like you are right there with your characters.
You mentioned that you're finally able to share it with the world- does that mean you've published something?

Chronodendron

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Brad,

What an amazing place to write fantasy.

It is indeed :) Beautiful scenery, lots of ruined castles and old graveyards. It makes up for the crappy weather and the lack of eveything else...
Yes, I recently published Wyrd Gods, the first book in a series I'm working on. Too early to say if it was a good idea or not. :)
I see you have at least three books published, congratulations! Does it get any easier?

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Brad,
It is indeed :) Beautiful scenery, lots of ruined castles and old graveyards. It makes up for the crappy weather and the lack of eveything else...
What it lacks in some things, it certainly makes up for in rabbits. My word, those things are huge over there. :) My friend sent me some photos. I had to google it to make sure he wasn't pulling my leg. As scary as those are, at least there aren't any snakes. One day I plan on wearing out a few pairs of shoes just walking around there taking it all it.

Yes, I recently published Wyrd Gods, the first book in a series I'm working on. Too early to say if it was a good idea or not. :)
I quickly looked it up, and the cover is great. The colours are so striking. You are definitely on the right track. Congrats on taking that step. I know how nerve-wracking that can be.

I see you have at least three books published, congratulations! Does it get any easier?

It does get easier, and you get quicker at it. For me, the first one took 5 years, the next one about 3, then about a year, and I'm on track to finish my latest book in 6 months. (holding thumbs.) I don't know if that self-doubt ever goes away though. That's part of the reason my first one took 5 years. I would spend weeks on a single paragraph, and then after I published it, would find problems that I had somehow never seen before, and I would suddenly hate it and just want to scrub it off the internet. I guess it's something we as artists just need to get used to. :)

Chronodendron

Registered
Reaction score
What it lacks in some things, it certainly makes up for in rabbits. My word, those things are huge over there.

Good thing they're vegan ;) I bet you have a lot worse over there.

Thank you :). Glad to know it gets easier, for it was pretty hard, every aspect of it... still, from 5 years to 6 months. Wow! Something to look forward :)
As to the cripling self-doubt... yeah, can't be helped. It's definitely a matter of personality, not skill. I'm so used to it, I sometimes doubt myself when I don't feel it. :Shrug: