Well, thank heavens Jean Cramer isn't racist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Because can you imagine if she was?

"Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible," she replied. "White. Seriously. In other words, no foreign-born, no foreign people."

"As far as I know, as long as we've been here, Marysville has been a white community, a white city," she said. "If we have seen a black person here and there, whatever, we're not bothered by it. I'm not bothered by it."

But, you know,

"Husband and wife need to be the same race. Same thing with kids," she said. "That's how it's been from the beginning of, how can I say, when God created the heaven and the earth. He created Adam and Eve at the same time. But as far as me being against blacks, no I'm not."

ETA: I thought about posting this in one of the other threads, but I'm thinking this is the right place, because reading and responding are also forms of activism. But it's a tricky little dance between clickbaitery and activism, so I'm happy if a mod wants to move it.

Last edited:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Who is this person and what is with the bigotry and racism?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Who is this person and what is with the bigotry and racism?
Marysville: A city council candidate in Michigan said Friday she has no plans to end her campaign after shocking a public forum when she said she wants to keep her community white "as much as possible."

It's just such an extraordinary thing to say - and extraordinary things seem to be being said much more often these days.

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the good people of Marysville can't say they weren't warned.
And the bad people know who to vote for, I guess.
Let the better side win? :Shrug:

I guess that's why they call it 'democracy'.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I guess that's why they call it 'democracy'.

It doesn't seem to be working all that well at the moment.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

2016 would like to have a word with you...

Auteur

Redacted
Registered
Reaction score
If nothing else, it was a stupid thing to say. If somebody doesn't have the common sense to refrain from saying racist things, they sure as hell shouldn't be making decisions that affect a large number of people.

Then again, it could be that there are a lot of racists in Marysville, and it may be a good campaign strategy to get elected--kind of like what Trump does. It's un-American, but that doesn't seem to matter to a lot of people these days.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
So if God created Adam and Eve of the same race, how is it we have people of different skin colors now?

Clearly so white people could have slaves, duh.

I think that's the rationale... there's some bit in Genesis, IIRC, that they used to justify it, how one of Noah's sons did something bad and therefore cursed his descendants to labor for the descendants of the "good" son.

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think that's the rationale... there's some bit in Genesis, IIRC, that they used to justify it, how one of Noah's sons did something bad and therefore cursed his descendants to labor for the descendants of the "good" son.

The irony of no one in the Bible being white is lost on today’s white, rightwing Bible literalists, of course.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
The irony of no one in the Bible being white is lost on today’s white, rightwing Bible literalists, of course.

Well, it may not have been written by white people, but it was clearly written for white people. Otherwise, why is Jesus so white and American, huh?

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some people thought this was about Marysville Washington. Sloppy MSM news reporting and lazy internet searches started it.

Marysville hit with online hate in case of mistaken identity over racist remark
One national news outlet used the photo of Marysville, WA municipal court instead of a photo representing Marysville, Michigan, where the racist comments originated.

MARYSVILLE, Wash. — Social media is a powerful tool for spreading information, and one Washington city received national backlash after a case of mistaken identity.

In Marysville, Michigan, a city about 55 miles northeast of Detroit, city council candidate Jean Cramer said she wants to "keep Marysville a white community as much as possible" during a forum where diversity was discussed.

After the forum, Cramer told a local newspaper that she's not "against blacks" but believes married couples "need to be the same race."

Her comments made national headlines, leading people to search for "Marysville" in their internet browsers, which led many to Marysville, Washington.

In addition to internet searches, MSN added to the confusion by using a photo of Marysville, Washington's municipal court sign on its news story instead of a photo from Marysville, Michigan.

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
After the forum, Cramer told a local newspaper that she's not "against blacks" but believes married couples "need to be the same race."

Please, please someone point out to this person that she is 1-4% Neandertal because her ancestors weren't bothered about couples being the same species, never mind "race"...

(That's before you get onto the genetic evidence that shows that the entire "race" system is an utter nonsense. But hey, racist, sexist, homophobic people who use religion to prop up their insidious opinions are also usually science deniers... how convenient...)

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
We'd all like to think this is an attitude only seen in small-town Red State 'Murica, but we all know it's not.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
2016 would like to have a word with you...

Well, that's how 2016 worked out, only instead of the 'better' side winning, it was the 'bigger' side.

Let the better bigger side win?

There, fixed it. Isn't that pretty much what happened.
And anyone running around trying to warn people at the time would have been mocked in the streets.
Remember the time wasted waiting for Trump to become 'Presidential'?

Last edited:

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The bigger side lost in 2016. That's how the game was rigged.

And the game's still rigged in the same ways. I think we're screwed either way.

If Orange Julius wins, I personally will not believe that gerrymandering, faithless electoral college delegates, insecure electronic voting machines, and foreign astroturf operations didn't tilt the election his way.

If he loses, he personally will whip up his base to believe his election was stolen too. Hell, he's already doing that -- supposedly the "liberal media" is engineering a recession just to make him lose. :tongue

This doesn't end well for us. Not good for all democracies, really, to see how easy it is for a feckless demagogue to subvert the system.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am now going to derail this thread with the magic injunction: Google 'AOC Penguin'.

It will make you feel better.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
So this woman is not only hateful and racist, she's willfully ignorant too (or just plain stupid). Like far too many people, she lives in a world steeped in, and utterly dependent upon, history, sociology, science etc. and it's all slid off, as if she were constructed of knowledge-teflon.

Last edited:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In the Age of Trump, White people have felt liberated to ditch the politically correct b.s and show up in the world as their own authentic selves.

That is, as the fucking racist assholes they truly are.

I appreciate their honesty and lack of pretense. Then I cast them down to hell as the shitbags they truly are. :evil

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score

They claim dark skin is the mark of Cain.

Status
Not open for further replies.