Trump "Declares Himself King of Isreal and ... God"

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It’s been an eventful 18 hours in the fevered mind of Donald Trump. Yesterday, the president unleashed an anti-Semitic rant in the Oval Office in which he declared that Jews who vote for Democrats are either uneducated or disloyal. Unfortunately, with about 70% of Americans Jews being registered Democrats, that’s a lot of disloyalty. So Trump looked elsewhere for answers, and lo, he found an unhinged supporter who says Israelis (the real Jews!) love Trump like the “King of Israel” and “the second coming of God.” Then he cited him on Twitter.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/donald-trump-king-of-israel

He tweeted about it and thanked the crackpot who said those things.

Can we remove him for insanity yet?

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
More and more, I understand Hitler’s Germany. Those lobsters weren’t just boiled slowly, they reveled in it. Cheered for it. Because it made them safe, and made Germany great again, and long-time grievances and stuff, and the neighbor chickens being tossed through the woodchippers were sub-lobster monsters anyways, fascist Germany love it or leave it, hooray!

Siiiiiiiigh.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Can we remove him for insanity yet?

This is my question. Of course, I don't actually think he's insane; I think random self-aggrandizing stuff comes out of his mouth and his followers parrot it until he believes it. I think he is pathologically, dangerously thoughtless.

I've stopped waiting for impeachment. I think the Democratic house is full of idiots who actually think we're going to get a fair election in 2020.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Isn't there a third Antichrist before the second coming of God?

-cb

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Every day that passes leaves me more and more convinced that the GOP's long-term planning is all coming to fruition, although more spectacularly than even they could have predicted. Who could have known the Falun Gong would step in on their side? Or that the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals would come through with a ruling that a state can't pass a law to make EC electors vote the will of the people? Or that Trump would enter politics at all, much less win and be a distraction beyond their wildest imaginations?

All I can see in my mind's eye is McConnell sitting in a chair, hunched over and cackling, shocked and gleeful that the convergence of every dirty trick they've played since (at least) 1980 is turning into a cataclysmic, thermonuclear bang.

I wonder what they think is really going to be left when the ash cools.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Here is a brief clip of Trump:

Speaking about his trade war with China, Trump looks to the heavens and says, "I am the Chosen One."

That anyone defends this walking id (that has the nuclear codes) is disturbing enough, but that an entire political party and millions of people enable him does not bode well for the country or the planet. I worry for you all (I'm here, too, but I'm circling the drain and I feel like the lucky one).

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From that link comes this Orwellian sentence:
“Specifically, Secretary Williams acted unconstitutionally by removing Mr. Baca and nullifying his vote for failing to comply with the vote-binding provision.”
I realize the judge was referring to 'the provision' the court took 100 pages to call unconstitutional.

But look at this:
Staiert added: “Part of the problem in Colorado is we don’t know who our electors are when we cast a ballot, so now we have people who are controlling our votes and they’re not filing campaign finance reports, they’re not telling us where their allegiances are, they are being nominated by the party and then those people, without any transparency, can subvert the vote of 3 million Colorado voters and pick the candidate of their choice instead of the candidate of the people’s choice.”
Given the direction of the GOP supporting Trump, suppressing votes, and going full bore stacking the courts, we could conceivably end up with all GOP appointed electors ignoring the election outcome in their states and voting to reelect Trump.

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To top that all off, the GOP has made it easy for their candidates to get illegal Russian campaign donations laundered through the NRA:

The Hill: Wyden blasts FEC Republicans for blocking probe into NRA over possible Russia donations

Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) condemned Republicans on the Federal Election Commission (FEC) after they voted on Friday to block an in-depth investigation into allegations that Russians illegally donated to the National Rifle Association (NRA) in an effort to benefit President Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.

"A foreign adversary interfered in the 2016 presidential election and the response from Republicans at every level, whether it be President Trump, congressional Republicans, or now the Republican appointees on the Federal Election Commission, has been to bury their heads in the sand or actively obstruct getting to the bottom of what happened," Wyden said in a written statement provided to Newsweek.

"It's inexcusable that Republican commissioners would block an investigation into whether Russian money was funneled through the National Rifle Association to help President Trump," Wyden continued, according to Newsweek. "The blatant partisanship is appalling, undermines our democracy and leaves us vulnerable to continued interference in 2020."

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is it too late to harf up that red pill and ask for the blue one instead?

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
He's also talking again about ending the 14th Amendment guarantee of birthright citizenship by...*checks notes* Executive Order, even though congresspeople have told him he can't do it,

"I'm the (Mad) King. The Chosen One. I'll do whatever I damn well please and no one is going to stop me!"

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's something positive from Guardian Australia, doing a live feed on the Presidents performance...
3h ago05:20
Update: Trump has finished speaking in Kentucky. He didn’t mention the prime minister of Denmark, or birthright citizenship, or say anything antisemitic, which in light of the rest of his day, makes this an excellent speech.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in Heaven angels are taking bets on how long and in what way, God will strike this man down.
Struck by lightning while playing golf, convinced he is a steer and goes to munching grass on the White House lawn, pillar of salt? The last one might be useful, they could haul it out for future Presidents to swear by, or at least look in the beady little eyes while swearing in.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Even if I believed in one, I'm not counting on a god who committed but never stopped a genocide. It's going to take all of us, and if people don't realize yet that the systems they think will save us have already failed, they're never going to (I know some are toadies who don't know enough history to know it never goes well for those either).

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Even if I believed in one, I'm not counting on a god who committed but never stopped a genocide.

This. Smugly waiting for divine retribution is exactly why we're still enduring this. Our institutions have already failed, and we don't have many more knobs we can turn.

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in Heaven angels are taking bets on how long and in what way, God will strike this man down.
Struck by lightning while playing golf, convinced he is a steer and goes to munching grass on the White House lawn, pillar of salt? The last one might be useful, they could haul it out for future Presidents to swear by, or at least look in the beady little eyes while swearing in.

He wants to buy Greenland from Denmark. Danish actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau needs a job after playing Jaime Lannister aka the Kingslayer. Hmm let's make a deal.....