Personalized books

polejam

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I need your opinion on an idea regarding personalized books. I was thinking of writing original short stories, not for wide-broad publishing but only for a client who would be interested in receiving such a product.
Many people have certain ideas, cherished memories or are inspired by their favorite books. What if I can offer short stories written specifically for a certain person so that they can see these ideas come to life?
Considering many of us don't have enough time for writing or simply lack the necessary skills, I want to create these unique stories so our clients could have a written retrospection on a valuable aspect of their imagination.
I am currerntly in the process of forming prices for such service, not an easy task, and I would just like to know what you think of this. it is just a small project of mine that is currently at a starting phase. I did do a small test already and people who received my stories were pretty happy with it so we will see how the whole thing goes on.
Thank you!!

Earthling

I come in peace
Registered
Reaction score
Ghostwriting is an established practice and certainly nothing new. Have a look at some existing, successful ghostwriting business to see how they price and what qualifications their writers have.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
It would work out very expensive, per story, to do this well. But if you can make it work, good for you.

polejam

Registered
Reaction score
I have heard of that but I am talking more about short stories rather than books which require a different approach (like 30-50 pages) . This is why I need to figure out the pricing and details. Thank you dor the rwply though as I will check out more about ghost writing and see what I can implement in my own practice

polejam

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, we will see how it goes it may be expensive, thank you for response!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
It's worth putting a lot of thought into why anyone would pay you for this service. Are you a successful short story writer? Do you have a record of strong publications, or have you won any significant prizes? Because there are other people out there offering similar services, who do have this experience and skill, and you'll be competing with them. You have to be able to show that you're a better choice, or you'll get few to no takers.

polejam

Registered
Reaction score
It's worth putting a lot of thought into why anyone would pay you for this service. Are you a successful short story writer? Do you have a record of strong publications, or have you won any significant prizes? Because there are other people out there offering similar services, who do have this experience and skill, and you'll be competing with them. You have to be able to show that you're a better choice, or you'll get few to no takers.

Of course I am well aware of the requirements. My work has been valued although I still didn't apply for any rewards. However, I am working towards offering a slightly different service that will be directed towards short stories related to everyday lives of my clients. I hope to shape their memories in a written form which could be something interesting and fun. With more work more good references can come.