• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Needed for Upper MG Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I kinda froze this post because I realized it wasn't ready. Probably still isn't quite ready, but at least it's completed and revised once so far. So back on the beta hunt!

Again, a little about the story, it's an Upper MG Fantasy about a girl named Faith. She has to plant herself in the ground every 7 days or she will die. Her mission is to find the missing child she has special senses for. Only problem is, every time she comes out of the ground, she's something completely different like a wild dog, or a squirrel. She sometimes comes up as a human girl too, but it never last long. And ultimately, that's all she wants, is to be human. She searches for the true meaning of her life, finding something that's been missing all along.

I can swap MG or YA. We can test each other out with just a few chapters to see if we are compatible. If you're interested, you can respond here or send me a PM.

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Boosting.

I had this thread on hold for a while, but I think I'm ready to do the beta thing now. Thanks for the interest.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
I might be interested, but I have a question....How long is it? My life's crazy busy right now and I was wondering if this is a shorter piece or a longer one so I can have one more factor in deciding if this is right for me or not.

bin_b0x

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Undercover,

I'm also writing a fantasy for Upper MG, set during medieval times in a world of sapient canines (dogs, wolves, foxes, etc.) It has three primary character POVs and currently clocks in at 80,000 words, though I'm hoping to trim a little more eventually.

If you're interested in swapping, say, the first two chapters for a compatibility test, let me know.

Thanks,

bin

Status
Not open for further replies.