How much have you paid for editing?

Splendor

Registered
Reaction score
So far cheapest quote was $785.00 but she had very little to say about the excerpt I sent her.
The other quote was just under $1,000 and the editor had lots of comments.

How much have you paid for editing services?

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
My quotes for copy edits are currently between 700 and 1500 (which was originally 1800 until I shared the other quotes). I have four quotes. I'm asking for sample edits to help me decide, and so far people are happy to give that (I told the 1500 dollar guy not to bother with the edit because I can't justify paying an extra $800 given my projected low sales numbers.)

In the past I paid much less. Like 400. Not sure why that editor gave me a break. She might have felt she didn't give the project as much attention as she should have?

My novel is 110,000 words and fairly polished.

Last edited:

Splendor

Registered
Reaction score
My quotes for copy edits are currently between 700 and 1500 (which was originally 1800 until I shared the other quotes). I have four quotes. I'm asking for sample edits to help me decide, and so far people are happy to give that (I told the 1500 dollar guy not to bother with the edit because I can't justify paying an extra $800 given my projected low sales numbers.)

In the past I paid much less. Like 400. Not sure why that editor gave me a break. She might have felt she didn't give the project as much attention as she should have?

My novel is 110,000 words and fairly polished.

Thanks for this. At least I know I'm within the normal range.