Different Title Pages for E-Book

Sarah M

Registered
Reaction score
Would it be too weird to have two different versions of the title page for the same e-book?

The font that I wanted to use didn't work with either EPUB or Mobi when I first tried it. But after I made it a jpeg image, it worked and converted perfectly on Amazon. I still couldn't get it to convert right with EPUB, however, so I chose a different font. While it still didn't convert perfectly, the font does not look as disproportional as it did before.

Norman D Gutter

Engineer Sonneteer
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidatodd.com
Just upload the new file with the new title page. It will replace the old one. You will only have one version available for sale. Some older copies might be in people's hands if you have already had sales, but that's not a big deal. Nothing weird about it.

Sarah M

Registered
Reaction score
The thing is I was only going to replace the Amazon one because it's fancier, but like I said, the jpg doesn't convert right with EPUB. But if it's too weird to have different title pages for the two different formats I will.

ironmikezero

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Image manipulation for multiple formats can be tricky and suitably confusing. I've had good results with GIMP, from fonts to complete covers. It may be to your advantage to check it out. Oh yeah, it's free.

https://www.gimp.org/

Sarah M

Registered
Reaction score
Image manipulation for multiple formats can be tricky and suitably confusing. I've had good results with GIMP, from fonts to complete covers. It may be to your advantage to check it out. Oh yeah, it's free.

I have GIMP and love it, but my actual issue is when it’s converted to EPUB. If I use Word Art, it doubles the words for some reason. And if I turn the words into a JPG, the converter thinks my title page is the cover so it screws up the ToC links.