Ciao! Nice to meet you all! o(^∀^ )o

Nadinarte

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and thank you for having me in this lovely forum! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
I'd like to say that I'm very happy to be here. I joined another writing forum recently (won't name it) and it's a bit like walking in the middle of the desert... 〝〇〟⊂(`・Δ・´)⊃〝〇〟
Not many users there and very little recent work to read or comment.

Anyhow, I will introduce myself in a dignified manner. ⌒゚(❀>◞౪◟<)゚⌒
My name is Nadia and I was born and brought up in Italy. I've lived in Britain for five and a half years. I have learnt to appreciate Marmite and complain about the weather on a daily basis like a respectable citizen.
My reading background is a bit weird. I used to go to the library and choose a book without having an clue of what it was about, ending up reading "The lord of the flies" when I was fourteen by mistake. An unforgettable afternoon, that was.
Truth is that I like a good novel and genre doesn't really matter much to me. Don't get me wrong, there are themes that attract me such as fantasy settings and I have a weak spot for a good romance.
If a book is well written and the author knows how to grab you with their words, it is possible to read about a guy that slips on a banana peel and find the story interesting and compelling.

Fantasy, sci-fi, horror and romance are generally always present in my writing, one way or another.
I've been writing forever, though I started to do it in English only recently. Now, after four months, I've almost completed the draft of my first sci-fi novel (83K so far) in English and it's a pretty good feeling. ೭੧(❛▿❛✿)੭೨
I have never done Beta reading but I'd love to, I really want to communicate with other writers about everything and learn as much as I can. It's been pretty lonely in these months in my writing journey and I wish to find friendly advice here. I like to read what other people are writing a lot, so Beta reading is something that I want to do.

One more thing I'd like to add, if you could do me a favour and tell me when and if I write weird stuff. As English is not my first language I still make syntax mistakes and use weird expressions every so often.
I also struggle with commas at times. In Italian, commas are used more frequently and in a different way than in English so please feel free to point that out to me whenever necessary.
I also use British spelling in my writing rather than American.

Thank you very much indeed, ( ❝̆ ·̫̮ ❝̆ )✧

Nadia

Last edited:

PostHuman

Registered
Reaction score
Ciao Nadia e benvenuta! :welcome:

And congrats on completing your first novel in English! Spero di scrivere qualcosa in italiano un giorno =P

Nadinarte

Registered
Reaction score
Ciao Nadia e benvenuta!

And congrats on completing your first novel in English! Spero di scrivere qualcosa in italiano un giorno =P

Oh lovely you can speak Italian? Bravissimo! o((◕ฺ∀ ◕✿ฺ))o

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Nadia. Welcome! I've been trying my whole life to appreciate Marmite, but I still haven't quite gotten there haha.
I wouldn't have picked up from your writing that you weren't a native English speaker.
Best of luck with your writing Journey.

Nadinarte

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Nadia. Welcome! I've been trying my whole life to appreciate Marmite, but I still haven't quite gotten there haha.
I wouldn't have picked up from your writing that you weren't a native English speaker.
Best of luck with your writing Journey.
Hello Brad! Nice to meet you! ~̎̎٩(⌒͡∀⌒͡⌯̊)̥̊◦
Trick with Marmite is loads of butter on the bread! Ψ( ゚∀゚)Ψ I used to hate it, now I gasp with pain if it's not in the cupboard.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Last edited:

BradCarsten

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Brad! Nice to meet you! ~̎̎٩(⌒͡∀⌒͡⌯̊)̥̊◦
Trick with Marmite is loads of butter on the bread! Ψ( ゚∀゚)Ψ I used to hate it, now I gasp with pain if it's not in the cupboard.
I thought the trick was a peg on the nose ;) I'm just kidding, It's okay on wheat crackers. How would you describe the taste to people who haven't had it? Soy sauce boiled with salt into a thick paste? Have I sold anyone on it yet? haha.

Nadinarte

Registered
Reaction score
I thought the trick was a peg on the nose I'm just kidding, It's okay on wheat crackers. How would you describe the taste to people who haven't had it? Soy sauce boiled with salt into a thick paste? Have I sold anyone on it yet? haha.
It's very salty but actually it has a good taste. It just needs to be eaten in small doses. ( ◞・౪・)
Do you know that we actually have Marmite flavoured crisps (chips in America) in Britain? It's a good start to get accustomed to the flavour as it's not very strong.

Last edited:

BradCarsten

Registered
Reaction score
It's very salty but actually it has a good taste. It just needs to be eaten in small doses. ( ◞・౪・)
Do you know that we actually have Marmite flavoured crisps (chips in America) in Britain? It's a good start to get accustomed to the flavour as it's not very strong.
Now I'm curious to try that. If I ever find myself in the UK, I will have to give it a shot.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome:

lgallo

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Nadia!
I agree with BradCarsten, I never would have guessed from your post that you weren't a native English speaker. Your grasp on the written language is excellent, though I'm sure you had to work hard during your novel writing!
What are some of your favorite books?
Good luck with your manuscript!
Lia

jokertk

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! We have a lot of sci-fi and fantasy writers on this site. I'm sure they will be a great help to you.