Hi! New novelist/screenwriter. Excited to be here!

Adam3030

Registered
Reaction score
What genres do you write? I mostly write crime fiction. I also dabble in comedy/horror and science fiction.
I love hard-boiled authors like Ellroy and Richard Stark/Donald Westlake, but also other like Murakami, and Bret Easton Ellis, Craig Clevenger. And Chuck Palahniuk is my hero. He even published a story of mine!
Been at it like Henry Hill saidm, for as long as I can remember.
I am all about beta reading. I came here looking for help beta reading my novel. But I am all about the exchange.
I run marathons. I love stand up comedy. Movies are my favorite of all things. Though most are garbage these days of course,

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome:

Nadinarte

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the community! ✧٩(•́⌄•́๑)

lgallo

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome!
What are some of your favorite movies? (My best friend is a movie connoisseur and I grew up watching everything alongside her).

jokertk

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Maybe I'll be able to see one of your screenplays sometime. I've written a few and use to review them on Triggerstreet. I'm focused on novels now, but screenplays are always enjoyable.

UchronianSteve

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there, Adam, and welcome! It's not every day, it seems, that folks get to meet an actual genuine screenwriter over the Internet, even in places like Absolute Write. :hi:

As for me, I like both crime fiction & sci-fi(Star Trek & Star Wars, anyone?), but my favorite genre for a long time now has actually been counter-factual(or alternate) history and it's the main one I've been writing in for a while now(though I've been thinking about writing some fanfiction, too, more recently).