Cover of Suzanne Palmer's book Finder

AW Amazon Store

AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Carina Press/An Idea

Threaded View

Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Most romance presses--I'd go so far as to say ALL good romance presses--will have the same policy, whether they state it outright or not. Romance readers get really angry about cheating.
    I wrote a romance that includes cheating (I queried it as "a husband and wife fall back into love after an Indecent Proposal in Victorian England", and currently have a full out with an agent). I agree that there are some presses, like Entangled, which don't accept any romance that has cheating, even if that occurs off-page and in the past, but if there are no good presses which accept cheating in romance, Mary Balogh's Dancing with Clara and The Secret Pearl would not have been published.

I also agree that a lot of romance readers don't want cheating, but from reading comments on All About Romance, I think there are also romance readers who don't feel this is a dealbreaker, or who feel whether the cheating is forgivable depends on the context, and so on.
    Last edited by Marian Perera; 09-25-2019 at 08:29 PM.