Hey! Let's Expel Steve King From Congress!

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are many reasons the United States House of Representatives should expel the loathsome Steve King from their ranks. Here's the latest one.

While speaking to a conservative group in Iowa, U.S. Rep. Steve King wondered if there would be "any population of the world" remaining if not for people born as a result of rape or incest, reports the Des Moines Register. It's not the first time comments by the Republican congressman have sparked an uproar, and it drew immediate criticism from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest?" asked King at the Westside Conservative Club in Urbandale, Iowa on Wednesday, according to the Register. "Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?"

He went on to say that considering "all the wars and all the rapes and pillages" that took place in the history of the world's nations, he couldn't rule out that he, too, "was not a part of a product of that."

King was defending his decision not to allow exceptions for rape and incest in the anti-abortion legislation he attempted to pass in Congress, the Register reports. He added that babies born through these circumstances are still a person, despite the way in which they were conceived. "It's not the baby's fault for the sin of the father, or of the mother," he said.

The comments quickly came under fire from other lawmakers — including Republican leaders, who stripped King of his committee assignments in January over comments he made defending white supremacy and white nationalism.

Minority Whip Steve Scalise, the No. 2 House Republican, said of King's latest statements, "These comments are wrong, and offensive, and underscore why we removed him from his committees."

Hi,

I am a father and a brother and a husband and the suggestion should be they raped by a family member it should be shrugged off as no big deal, is offensive beyond belief. It is time to put the entire GOP on blast to take a stand on King. EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM.

That's why I created a petition to Rep. Steve King (IA-4), which says:

"If Nancy Pelosi doesn't have the guts to impeach Donald Trump, how about expelling Rep. Steve King (R-IA) from the House? How long will we allow King's bigotry and hate to thrive? Make an example of him!"

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/hey-lets-expel-steve?source=c.em.cp&r_by=21833774

Thanks!

p.s. This forum is called "ACTIVISM, Current Events, and Hope, is it not?"

Cool. Then this here is me showing up and engaging in an act of activism over a current event I hope you will do me the great service of helping me get Steve King OUT. OF. CONGRESS.

Make an example of Steve King. :flamethrower

Do the right thing. Ya dig? Sho' nuff. By every means necessary.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Well. I'm somewhat of two minds on it. He is so clearly abhorrent, and vile, and evil, and sociopathic, but if he were to be forced out now, his successor might be one step moderate enough to keep the seat. As it stands, the Democrat, JD Scholten, might just win this thing.

Now I need to go bathe in bleach for typing that. After I sign your petition.

Last edited:

PostHuman

Registered
Reaction score
Personally I hate this guy, but I don't think it will help get support by attacking Nancy Pelosi.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Petition signed, as a show of protest if not in expectation of action.

Not long ago I suggested, half in sarcasm, that the TeaOP would decriminalize rape and crimes against women across the board before they turned on their own, given how many have been implicated in such behavior, up to and including partying with Epstein. I am seriously starting to wonder if that's not where the party is going simply by default, because their base sure as heck seems fine and dandy with rape and incest and it would be one more middle finger to the rest of the country and world and general human decency.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well. I'm somewhat of two minds on it. He is so clearly abhorrent, and vile, and evil, and sociopathic, but if he were to be forced out now, his successor might be one step moderate enough to keep the seat. As it stands, the Democrat, JD Scholten, might just win this thing.

Now I need to go bather in bleach for typing that. After I sign your petition.

LOL. I signed. My thinking: The petition goes nowhere with Congress. The GOP would endorse Adolph Hitler's last bowel movement to keep that House seat. But if it helps put the spotlight on King's vileness, that can only help his Democratic challenger. The more signatures the petition gathers, the brighter the spotlight.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Personally I hate this guy, but I don't think it will help get support by attacking Nancy Pelosi.

Who's attacking Nancy Peloisi? Not me. How is it "attacking" Pelosi by insisting she utilize her power as the Speaker of the House to bring a vote before the entire body to shitcan a racist, xenophobic, sexist, homophobic, failure of a human being?

Who do you think Pelosi works for, PostHuman? Because if the answer isn't "you and I" I have no clue whom she is supposed to be working for.

If it's attacking Nancy Pelosi did purge the U.S.Congress of the vile pestilence that is Steve King, then I'm all for attacking. She isn't going to go after a whale in Trump, so take down a bottom-feeding slug like King and set his worthless ass ON FIRE!

The biggest drawback about "liberals" is they want a consensus before they dare to take action and when the time comes to take action, they want to pump the brakes and slow their roll and not undermine the so-called "leaders" they had no part in picking.

Pelosi and the Democratic majority in the House work for ME and if they don't want to purge a mad-dog bigot like King from their ranks AND put each and every Republican in the House AND the Senate on record as either supporting or condemning King, then maybe we just see the world in entirely different ways and I'll defer to your strategy while I advocate for mine.

Because The So-Called Left needs to be less reactive and more proactive standing up and against the never-ending fuckery of the Right and frankly, all this timid go-slow, go along and get along, tiresome don't-take-shots-at-our-team-rah-rah bullshit from so-called "liberals" and small "d" democrats gets on my nerves. Trump and his cabal of criminals are working day and night and night and day to put brown people in cages and black people in graves and robbing everybody else blind, but we gotta be nicey-nice to Biden, Pelosi, Schumer and other Democrats because its not nice and doesn't show unity.

I'm not here for that noise. This country is sliding into the abyss and I'm supposed not to say anything mean about feckless and dithering "leaders" like Nancy Pelosi whom I've never voted for even once in my life, but I can't say anything that might CHALLENGE or UNDERMINE her?

That would be funny if it wasn't. :rolleyes

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This country is sliding into the abyss and I'm supposed not to say anything mean about feckless and dithering "leaders" like Pelosi.

Well to be fair, PostHuman wasn't saying you can't say anything mean about her - just that it would be less helpful in getting sigs on your petition.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well to be fair, PostHuman wasn't saying you can't say anything mean about her - just that it would be less helpful in getting sigs on your petition.

Well to be fair, mccardey, if someone doesn't want to sign a petition because telling Nancy Pelosi to do her job is mean, that's fine. There's more than one way to skin a cat or rid the Congress of a vicious and hateful bigot.

This is mine.

PostHuman

Registered
Reaction score
Nancy Pelosi has nothing to do with Steve King's racist comments. If anything, she was the one who had him stripped of his committee assignments (incl. chairman of the constitution subcommittee). Completely agree that Steve King needs to go. Simply seems a bit counterproductive to word this petition in a way that alienates those who support her.

Last edited:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nancy Pelosi has nothing to do with Steve King's racist comments. If anything, she was the one who had him stripped of his committee assignments (incl. chairman of the constitution subcommittee). Completely agree that Steve King needs to go. Simply seems a bit counterproductive to word this petition in a way that alienates those who support her.

First of all, Pelosi didn't strip King of anything. It was the Republican minority leader, Kevin McCarthy who did it because it's the leadership of the party that decides who gets to serve on what committee. Let's get that straight before giving Pelosi credit for something she had nothing to do with.

If telling the truth about Pelosi being too cowardly and scared to impeach Trump is "counterproductive" it is equally counterproductive how Pelosi has treated Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Talib and particularly in light of the Racist-In-Chief's vicious attacks on them.

If you agree Steve King needs to go, but the wording of the petition alienates you because it drags Pelosi, then your agreement really has no teeth behind it, now does it? I'm trying to get King kicked out of Congress. What are you doing? Besides being all in your feelings because you like Pelosi more than you dislike King.

If you're not doing anything to change the situation, stop breaking my balls because you don't like the way I did.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well to be fair, mccardey, if someone doesn't want to sign a petition because telling Nancy Pelosi to do her job is mean, that's fine. There's more than one way to skin a cat or rid the Congress of a vicious and hateful bigot.

This is mine.
I know. I just always think staying on one issue is the most efficient way to get anything done. But I'm not saying it's the only way, so... ;)

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
I signed. I still have some trust in Nancy Pelosi, but I feel like it's my job to keep calling for impeachment. Public pressure can work.

This isn't the only thing I'll do about King, and I am never sure how much petitions help. But, again, can't hurt.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
What a vile man.

His argument is entirely specious and stupid, since we could arbitrarily tweak any social (or random) variable we want in history with the same effect on family trees. I wouldn't be here if any of my ancestors had made any of thousands of possible choices including rape, murder, or deciding to do anything other than engaging in amorous congress with a particular person at a particular moment in time. Nor would any of us.

We're all here because of a series of highly specific happenstances involving our ancestors going back countless generations. So what. That doesn't mean the choices people made in a given moment of time were inherently good or bad simply because they led to our current reality.

But the intent of his words is what makes them so horrific.

I've run across other rape (and incest) apologists, and their motive is always the same--perpetuating the complete dominance of men over women (and powerful people and cultures over others as well, since they often justify rape as a tool of war and social control).

Can someone be legally ousted from Congress for their words? I'll sign your petition, though, because even if he doesn't end up out on his ear right away, it could hurt him (and others like him) in the long term.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The GOP may come through for him, yet. They do love them some White Nationalism.

Yeah, they do, but I doubt they will. King has been found guilty of being too damn open and honest with his bigotry, racism and ignorance. The longer he stays in Congress, the hotter the spotlight he puts on the entire Republican Party.

They're probably hoping he goes down in flames in the primary and then they can put their money behind King's Republican replacement.