Labor Dept Proposes Legal Discrimination

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In keeping with bigotry under the guise of religious freedom, the Labor Department has propose new rule that would allow federal contractors to fire or refuse to hire a person who is gay, lesbian, transgender, unmarried and pregnant, etc because of the employer's religious beliefs.

Link

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, which religion doesn't want pregnant women to work?:Huh::rolleyes:

This is not a populist movement. It is a white nationalist, bigot, racist, misogynist movement. Object when you hear the news media using 'populist' framing.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com

The same religion that expects women to grovel and suffer because something something Jesus something Eve something why do you hate freedom?

As for the news, color me whatever the total opposite of surprised is. I've been expecting them to to back-door Jim Crow into the 21st century, and here it is. Welcome to the new America: anyone who isn't straight, white, Evangelical, wealthy, able-bodied, and male need not apply.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com

I know you were being sarcastic, but I think it's the one Steve King adheres to.

"Rep. Steve King (R-IA) on Wednesday defended his opposition to letting victims of rape or incest get abortions on the grounds that rape and incest have been vital to sustaining the human population."

Also, for those who have access to Netflix, I very highly recommend watching the new re-enacted documentary, The Family, about the stranglehold Christian fundamentalism has on government. It'll chill you to the core.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com

Well, if a pregnant woman is unmarried, she's a seething vessel of sin, unworthy of polite company.

If she's married, her husband should be able to support her, as God hath decreed. If she married a poor man, well, shame on her! Poverty is a sign of insufficient faith.

I hope I don't have to post the sarcasm smiley here.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if a pregnant woman is unmarried, she's a seething vessel of sin, unworthy of polite company.

If she's married, her husband should be able to support her, as God hath decreed. If she married a poor man, well, shame on her! Poverty is a sign of insufficient faith.

And if none of the above is true, the filthy slut probably enjoyed that sex, so to hell with her.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
And if none of the above is true, the filthy slut probably enjoyed that sex, so to hell with her.

True, any woman who isn't gritting her teeth as she has sex with her "good provider" to do her womanly duty is vile beyond belief and unworthy of any protection.

Life would be so much easier for real people if all the fake ones would stay home, or at least stick to the shadows, eyes respectfully downcast, and be grateful for what they have!

Seriously, I'm waiting for a GOP convention to officially adopt the old Rolling Stones song, "Under My Thumb," as their anthem.

If they don't pick "One in a Million" by Guns N' Roses first (which is filled with anti-immigrant, racist, and homophobic references).

Last edited:

PostHuman

Registered
Reaction score
This is not a populist movement. It is a white nationalist, bigot, racist, misogynist movement. Object when you hear the news media using 'populist' framing.

Populism has been pretty much the same story all over the world, throughout all of history: punish the scapegoats, burn some witches and divvy up handouts for the in-group. Can be rather powerful to demonize some outsider we can blame for all the problems in our lives.

Maybe yours didn't turn out the way you wanted because of a Zionist conspiracy, China, NAFTA, Mexicans, Muslims, or maybe it was due to Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos, Walmart, vaccines, fluoride chemtrails, the 1% illuminati gay frogs or "globalists" etc, surely nothing to do with the decisions you've made.

This kind of rhetoric delivers votes and energizes the base, but the policy that results tends to be symbolic measures to punish the scapegoat and provide some catharsis rather than effective solutions for complex problems. To some extent every successful politician invokes similar tactics, but the more they lean on this crutch the more it handicaps their leadership.

How can you inspire an entire nation to transition to rapidly changing tech and services economy when you put all the blame and all the power for success or failure onto the scapegoat? You can build a border wall and punish China but the same unemployed and underemployed people who voted for you didn't magically get training or transition to better career.

Last edited:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
If only his voters could see this with as much dispassion as your post, PostHuman. (I mean that as a compliment, by the way.)

Unfortunately, we've exsanguinated the body politic's ability to think critically and with a bit of skepticism toward being promised ALL TEH CANDIES.