Chuck Lorre Vanity Cards

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
For those not familiar, Chuck Lorre is the brains behind many successful TV sitcoms - so much so that he is permitted by the various networks where his shows have been seen to write vanity cards that show up at the end of every episode. This came across my radar recently and I've been making a mental note to pause the playback and read these when I can. Some are quite funny. Others are quite eloquent. Others are just downright insightful.

Here's one I read just this evening:

Vanity Card #431
I'm concerned that the infrared beam which triggers public toilets to flush might cause cancer.

I'm considering getting a Twitter account so I can have a way to express my innermost thoughts to strangers.

I'm confused as to why a poorly designed web site means affordable health care is a bad idea.

I'm thinking of writing a children's story about a leaf on a tree who arrogantly insists he's a self-made, independent leaf. Then one day a fierce wind blows him off his branch and to the ground below. As his life slowly ebbs away, he looks up at the magnificent old tree that had been his home and realizes that he had been part of something bigger and more beautiful than anything he could have imagined. In a blinding flash, he awakens from the delusion of self. Then an arrogant, self-centered kid rakes him up and bags him.

I'm wondering if maybe I should stop writing these freakin' vanity cards.

Wow...kinda makes ya think, eh? :)

Anyone else seen these? Use this thread to share your own you come across that made you stop and pause on a few things...