Publishing flash fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch17

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all
Can anyone recommend any good places to seek to have flash fiction pieces published, online or otherwise?
I'm really looking to 'test' my flash fiction i suppose, to find out if others find what i write to be any good - any other advice in this regard would be very much appreciated!
Cheers

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
If you've got your website up and running, that would be the perfect place, because you control it. You could make it a Patreon offering if you wanted, or offer them up as exclusives to your newsletter subscribers.

Wattpad wouldn't be a terrible place either.

Elle.

Registered
Reaction score
There are loads of online magazines that published flash fictions, depending on places between 300 to 1000 words. A lot of them have a submission page on submittable so it's a good place to start. You can do a search for "flash fiction". Others at the top of my head that are not on submittable:

Barren Magazine, Spelk Fiction, Fictive Dreams, Fiction Pool, TSS Publishing, Jellyfish Review, etc...

Also there are quite a few running flash fiction competitions such as Bath Flash Faction Award, Reflex Fiction quarterly competitions.

It also means that you can have a read of their back issues or previous winning stories to see what kind of flash fiction they are after.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.