Hello from Sydney

DulciePercy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
flyingclownproductions.neocities.org
Hello,

I joined some months ago but forgot to introduce myself. I used to write a lot many years ago. Had some stories published some plays workshops et cetera but I ran out of money and energy and went back to full-time work :)

Anyway I have retired from full-time work and have been thinking about writing again. I would like to write science-fiction stories and plays again. Maybe.

I also like to write picture books for children. My current project is to turn some of them into apps - so the story is read to the children and and I can play music can sound effects. I don't think there is any market for this but it occupies my mind and is a lot of fun.

I look forward to playing with you.

George

Lou Trent

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lou-trent.com
Hello from Portsmouth, UK

I hope that you enjoy this forum and getting back into writing. Your idea about turning picture books into apps sounds wonderful. I have a four year old nephew who would really enjoy something like that.

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome George. I've got a few of those interactive children's books on my tablet, and new ones are coming up all the time, so I imagine there must be some kind of market for them. Best of luck with that and your writing.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

SAWeiner

Reaction score
Welcome!!! Sydney is a great city. I had a long visit in January, 2003 and wouldn't mind living there myself.

Last edited:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome: