Hello (again)

wilchris

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi All

I've been a member since 2013, but haven't posted since around 2014, after which life, work and a general writing loss of confidence took over. Life is still life - I live and work in Thailand, which is generally great and I'm trying to get back into writing again. So, thought I would reconnect on AW. I really valued everyone and their input before, so looking forward to doing it all again.

BradCarsten

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back. Thailand is a fascinating place. Have you found that living there has influenced your writing at all?

wilchris

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Bradcarsten
Thanks for the welcome back. Yes it certainly has, especially as it's such an atmospheric and sensory stimulating place, reminds me to invoke all the senses when writing. Particularly important as my MC is totally blind

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi wilchris! Welcome back! :hi: I'm Kat!

I won't post my usual random links to help you find everything since you already know your way around. I'm glad your life is looking up. Bangkok sounds fascinating. I've never been, only to Chiang Mai. And now I want to know what your story is if your MC is totally blind. :)

wilchris

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kat
Thanks for the welcome (back). Chiang Mai is great, especially all the temples and countryside and Bangkok is crazy, magical and infuriating all at the same time. I'll be posting my first chapter for critting soon :)

SAWeiner

Reaction score
Wilchris-

Welcome back.

Bangkok is high on my list to visit. My wife and I will likely go in a year and a half to two years. We also hope to see Ayutthaya, Singapore, Penang, and depending on what time of year we go, Sarawak.

wilchris

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kat
Thanks for the welcome (back). Chiang Mai is great, especially all the temples and countryside and Bangkok is crazy, magical and infuriating all at the same time. I'll be posting my first chapter for critting soon :)

wilchris

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks SAWeiner
Never been to Sarawak. Love to go. Went to Penang last month for a visa run, awesome place. Off to Singapore in 2 weeks for a long weekend and business. Also suggest Siam Reap in Cambodia - Angkor Wat is a must see if you come this way and has inspired settings for my some of writing

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back. :welcome: