Status
Not open for further replies.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
David Jolly, ex-congressman from Florida, agrees with the last paragraph. He is unequivocal in this video: Republicans will NEVER pass gun restrictions. Never. The only thing to do is vote them out, and once the victims grieved and buried, and those who survived on the way to healing, that has to be priority Number One.

For Americans, find a senate race, even if it's in a different state, and support the candidate who is in favor of firearm regulation.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It might also be worth supporting and/or joining gun control advocacy groups.

I'd prefer to work with the other side to enact common sense gun control laws, but if they don't want to work together, and the bellicose rhetoric of gun advocates leads me to presume they don't, I'm down for enacting laws and restrictions on easy access to military-style weaponry and ramming it down the NRA's throats.

No more Mr. Nice Guy. Nice guys get shot.

Oh, and I'm thinking very seriously about applying for a gun license. Not that I want a gun because I don't, but I just want that option to be available to me.

Besides, nothing is more likely to spur gun control legislation by Republicans than a whole bunch of Black folks strapping up. Example: the Black Panthers.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Besides, nothing is more likely to spur gun control legislation by Republicans than a whole bunch of Black folks strapping up. Example: the Black Panthers.

:evil.
Aren't the 'white folks' always complaining about violence in the 'inner cities'? Do they never consider that 'shootings=people with guns'?

Nighttimer, I'd trust you to use any weapon you own in a thoughtful and safety oriented manner, just because you don't want one.
It's the guys who think a gun would solve their problems, who really, really want one that are worrying.

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Several years ago I purchased a revolver at a major sporting goods retailer. They did the background check and sold me the gun. I asked how many people fail the background check. The salesperson told me “hardly anyone because the people who know they won't pass the test don't buy their guns from us.”
No matter what kind of common sense gun laws are enacted, the bad guys will ignore them.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Several years ago I purchased a revolver at a major sporting goods retailer. They did the background check and sold me the gun. I asked how many people fail the background check. The salesperson told me “hardly anyone because the people who know they won't pass the test don't buy their guns from us.”
No matter what kind of common sense gun laws are enacted, the bad guys will ignore them.

And yet somehow despite the bad guys ignoring them, no country with actual sensible gun control laws has a gun violence rate anywhere near ours.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for turning this into a gun control thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.