short story critique: where to post

skylessbird2218

I Don't Bite...
Registered
Reaction score
so, I rewrote this short story of about 2000 words. it's the second piece of writing I competed(i lost the first one in a tragedy. (spoiler alert: ants attacked me)). any idea where in this forum I can post it for critique?

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes.

The Share-Your-Work Forum is the place, but members cannot open a new submission thread there until 50 qualifying posts throughout the board have been accumulated. The Posts number under your avatar reflects these.

A great way of building up those posts is to have a crack at critiquing work that others have submitted in the SYW Forums.

One of the best ways of learning and discovering our own writing shortcomings is perceiving them in the work of others.

Good luck.and sorry about the ants episode. :welcome:

Last edited:

skylessbird2218

I Don't Bite...
Registered
Reaction score
thanks for the info. and about the ants, just forget it. it seems I've gotten a bit 'antsy' about the incident, mentioning it everywhere. it's getting a bit too melodramatic.:rant: I'd rather have jokes about it than pity I guess. :Sun:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eek,ants! We used to have these enormous carpenter ants about an inch and a quarter long. I was prepared to burn the house to the ground rather than face them, but saner heads prevailed.

Anyway, Bufty's given you the goods. I just was reminded of those awful ants we used to have.