Hello from Brooklyn!

Brooklyn_Story_Coach

Non est ad astra mollis e terrisvia
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.BrooklynStoryCoach.com
I'm really happy to join this community!

A little about me:

I am working on my second novel (first one did not sell), which is set in New York in the near future. I like to think of it as a modern day Les Miserables (my fav book). I've been working on it for about three years now, through my first draft and in the awful editing process. I am passionate about the story. It has pushed me to grow in so many incredible ways, and I have also been able to explore the topics of race, economics, systemic injustices, and the history of revolutions.

I love to read anything that has a good story. I finished and loved Circe. I'm currently reading an amazing book on the creative process called "Wired to Create", "The Fate of Empires," and I just started "The Nickel Boys."

I also received my MFA from NYU. I was able to work 1 on 1 with some incredible authors and advisors. Happy to chat with anyone thinking about going through an MFA.

I love to beta read and help people with their story and the process by which we create. The former is a specific passion of mine that I am spinning off into a new business venture. Huzzah!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

SAWeiner

Reaction score
Brooklyn Story Coach-

Welcome!!! I currently work in downtown Brooklyn. I also lived in Park Slope for 7 years--from 1998-2005. I loved Prospect Park.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome:

Lakey

professional dilettante
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! A near-future Les Miserables sounds interesting — I wonder if you are envisioning a new American revolution or civil war! I grew up in Flatbush and I’m currently beating my head bloody against a short-story set there in 1950. Anyway I hope you enjoy it here — looking forward to your contributions to the discussions I enjoy most, those on technique and process.

:e2coffee:

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
I also received my MFA from NYU. I was able to work 1 on 1 with some incredible authors and advisors. Happy to chat with anyone thinking about going through an MFA.

I love to beta read and help people with their story and the process by which we create. The former is a specific passion of mine that I am spinning off into a new business venture. Huzzah!

Welcome and congrats on the MFA from NYU.

I am a couple months away from using Beta-readers to review my ms.

Best of luck with your writing and hopefully your current venture will help you fulfill your goals and aspirations.

All the best - KRD

Brooklyn_Story_Coach

Non est ad astra mollis e terrisvia
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.BrooklynStoryCoach.com
Welcome! A near-future Les Miserables sounds interesting — I wonder if you are envisioning a new American revolution or civil war! I grew up in Flatbush and I’m currently beating my head bloody against a short-story set there in 1950. Anyway I hope you enjoy it here — looking forward to your contributions to the discussions I enjoy most, those on technique and process.

:e2coffee:

I'm more convinced we're entering a slow decay. So much lit is focused on a huge event... I think history suggests we will wither away a la the Western Roman Empire.

Also, I love reading BK stories! Feel free to send it over if you want a set of eyes on it.