Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone seen it yet? I absolutely LOVED the movie. Also, can Brad Pitt be any cooler? Like for real. He also looks SOOO much like Robert Redford to me now.

OH, an Leo's scenes where he's "acting" on the movie set were phenomenal.

I felt, Tarantino really pulled back and was a lot more choice with his decisions on style. Don't want to divulge too much in case of spoilers for others.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be curious what people who saw it thought about the ending. I have mixed feelings. I haven't seen it, but I wonder if want to

------------------------------------SPOILERS---------------------------------------------------

watch a bunch of teen girls get murdered, even if they're the Manson girls.

Last edited:

Auteur

Redacted
Registered
Reaction score
I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD.

CalRazor

Registered
Reaction score
Not a fan of Tarantino or DeCaprio, so I'm giving this one a hard pass.

I'm not really a Tarantino/DeCaprio fan either, but was pleasantly surprised by the movie. It has a very languid pace, which I usually can't stand, but somehow the visuals/set design/acting pulled it all together. The ending? Evocative of Kill Bill, didn't really sway me one way or the other.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
I'll wait until it's offered on Prime--if it ever is. From what I've read, it may never appear on Netflix. Otherwise, I'll buy the DVD. I lived in that age, so I'm excited about seeing. Besides, I love me some Brad Pitt.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I'll wait until it's offered on Prime--if it ever is. From what I've read, it may never appear on Netflix. Otherwise, I'll buy the DVD. I lived in that age, so I'm excited about seeing. Besides, I love me some Brad Pitt.

Tarantino has definitely said it is his love letter to that time period/area so I hope you enjoy it!

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be curious what people who saw it thought about the ending. I have mixed feelings. I haven't seen it, but I wonder if want to

------------------------------------SPOILERS---------------------------------------------------

watch a bunch of teen girls get murdered, even if they're the Manson girls.

SPOILERS

It's not super long but it's definitely pretty violent. It was kind of done in Tarantino's wacky bloody way so the theater laughed a lot. If it helps your decision in any way for the ending, that is the only super violent scene and it lasts probably five-ish minutes.

SAWeiner

Reaction score
I just saw the movie last night. I liked it overall, although some of it could be cut. With some of Tarantino's movies, such as Django for example, I felt the violence was way over the top. Here, I didn't feel that. The production meanwhile did a good job with the late 60's hairdos, outfits, cars, etc.

BTW, I was fine with the ending.

Last edited:

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I just saw the movie last night. I liked it overall, although some of it could be cut. With some of Tarantino's movies, such as Django for example, I felt the violence was way over the top. Here, I didn't feel that. The production meanwhile did a good job with the late 60's hairdos, outfits, cars, etc.

BTW, I was fine with the ending.

I always felt Django was like 20 minutes too long and this movie didn't feel that way to me. I was shocked when I left the theater with friends and realized it was close to a three hour movie.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I thought it was wonderful. It was quite enveloping, imo.

And (SPOILERS):

The scene at the ranch was incredibly well done; I was in the edge of my seat for every moment of it.
DiCaprio's freak-out in his trailer was also top drawer.
The girls who get killed in the end aren't actually "teen" girls, as they represent women who were over 21 at the time.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was wonderful. It was quite enveloping, imo.

And (SPOILERS):

The scene at the ranch was incredibly well done; I was in the edge of my seat for every moment of it.
DiCaprio's freak-out in his trailer was also top drawer.
The girls who get killed in the end aren't actually "teen" girls, as they represent women who were over 21 at the time.

My three favorite scenes hands down are:

The scene at the ranch as well, when Leo is doing the "lines" scene, and then when Leo does the scene with Luke Perry

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
I'd decided to give it a pass too. But then a friend saw it and said I had to see it. And gave reasons why that convinced me to see it. But only when I can rent the Blu-ray from RedBox or stream it from Amazon.

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
I just read that this film has no uses of the n word at all. This makes me very happy! I've loved some Tarantino films, but his overuse of it makes me so friggin' uncomfortable that I can't watch.
Looking forward to seeing it now.