RWA Conference

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want to say they're doing a live-stream of the RITA Awards tonight, and it looks like you don't have to be a member to watch. I haven't found a link on their site but it might be worth looking in to, if you're interested.

They had a stream of the final Golden Hearts ceremony yesterday, and that link is here. I'm currently not logged in to my account, and the stream is showing up.

Otherwise, that's about it. They'll probably post a link to purchase select recordings from the conference later; you'll need to be a member to buy them, however.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I've been reading some great threads on twitter from people sort of live-tweeting workshops. I can link to the ones I've seen, and I'll try to add to it as I see more. Obviously it's one person's perspective on what they're hearing, but it's something.

Sally Kirkpatrick at "Whose Story Is It? Writing Diversely in Romantic Fiction"

@Aarya_Marsden has a play-by-play of Sherry Thomas's Pacing Workshop. (It's the middle of a thread so I'm linking to the first post on Sherry's talk. Scroll down from there.)

Ana Coqui has a thread on Adrianna Hererra's workshop about writing relationship dynamics and avoiding abusive behavior. (She includes a CW for domestic violence discussion in the tweets.)

Sonya Heaney

Registered
Reaction score
What's a good way to follow the Romance Writers of America Conference this weekend?

The #rwa19 hashtag on Twitter. Plenty of people are live tweeting panels. I even got a link to Sherry Thomas' entire speech from there.

Plus you get to see photos of the ENORMOUS venue, and all the parties we're missing out on. :D

Ada.Troy

Registered
Reaction score
I've been reading some great threads on twitter from people sort of live-tweeting workshops. I can link to the ones I've seen, and I'll try to add to it as I see more. Obviously it's one person's perspective on what they're hearing, but it's something.

Sally Kirkpatrick at "Whose Story Is It? Writing Diversely in Romantic Fiction"

@Aarya_Marsden has a play-by-play of Sherry Thomas's Pacing Workshop. (It's the middle of a thread so I'm linking to the first post on Sherry's talk. Scroll down from there.)

Ana Coqui has a thread on Adrianna Hererra's workshop about writing relationship dynamics and avoiding abusive behavior. (She includes a CW for domestic violence discussion in the tweets.)

Thank you for this!