• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

A Barter Proposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obi-Wan Nobody

Perpetual padawan
Registered
Reaction score
A great mind – I don’t recall the name – said once that barter is what’s happening when a barefoot tailor meets a naked shoemaker.
This is what I am offering: a barter proposition. I love to write science fiction, short stories and novels, but using native language (Romanian) gives me access to a weak editing industry. I want more, I want better because every narration deserves a proper editing service.
I can write in English, at least sort of it. But I desperately need a patient beta reader to help me improve the text before sending it out to magazines and agents. Swap readers work fine for similarly gifted writers, which I cannot pretend to be.
What I can do is to offer in exchange a different type of writing. Software code, that’s what I do for a living. I am looking for a skilled beta writer, can be a harsh one, I don’t mind, for long term cooperation. In exchange for looking over my writings, I am ready to offer a fully developed website, including hosting. The only thing that I cannot provide is the domain name, which must be purchased by the owner itself.
If anyone is interested in this, please let me know. Thanks.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Don't take it personally, what's the bet most folks are working on their own WIPs and just don't have the time.

-Derek

SageChild

Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested, Obi-Wan. PM me a blurb/synopsis of the first thing you want looked over.

Status
Not open for further replies.