[Solved] Facebook Won't Let Me Use My Account Until They Review my Profile Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guys,

I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced this before. I'd had a Facebook account for five years, and then I innocently accepted two friend requests this weekend. The next thing I knew, I was getting up to 500 friend requests a day, and they were all men. I had it set to 'accept requests from friends of friends' and it still got out of control. I created two new Facebook accounts, one yesterday and one today, and they're not letting me used said accounts because they need to review my profile pictures, and that takes a long time because yesterday they locked my account at 5:00 PM, and it's still locked. Today I created a new account, and they're doing the same crap. I just don't know what to do anymore. Has this happened to any of you?

Mag.

Last edited:

lonestarlibrarian

senior bean supervisor
Registered
Reaction score
Not that, but once upon a time, I logged into my FB from my parents' computer during a visit so I could play a few turns of my game. FB didn't like the fact I was logging on from an unrecognized computer, and they locked my account. They wouldn't let me log in until I could successfully match, like, ten recently uploaded photos with the "friends" who had posted them. Since 95% of my friends were "game" friends-- and half the "recently uploaded photos" were generic memes people had posted to their walls-- I had no clue who had posted what. I eventually got back in, but it took me several days.

I no longer try to check FB from other people's computers, and I drop the warning whenever the subject of arbitrary FB locks comes up. :)

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
What's funny is they allege they do that to 'protect our security'. They think my doppelganger is managing my account or something. They think the picture of me that I uploaded isn't me. :ROFL:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
This sounds like something you should report to FB, as it sounds like account hacking.

I'd really suggest not having any kind of automatic friend request turned on either. "Friends of friends" can still be bots, trolls, or fake accounts meant to sell things (like online hookups, which sounds like the issue you've run afoul of).

Their "recognize this picture posted by friends" feature is indeed useless. I am pretty selective about whom I accept requests from, and "only" have between 200-300 friends, most of whom are people I have at least met in person or know well online (like people from AW). However, I don't check everyone's wall, don't check FB everyday or even every week, and I don't see everyone's posts or photos in my news feed when I do.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Why are you creating multiple new FB accounts? I think that by itself sends up red flags to FB systems of a potential bad actor, so they're quite right to lock them and apply extra screening. They have no way to tell that any picture is actually of you -- there are plenty of fake accounts that duplicate identities and use stolen pictures to look real. (When your actual friends say they've gotten a new friend request from you, that's typically what's happened. FB acts fast to shut those down when they're alerted to it.) I recommend you delete all those new accounts, if possible, and fix your original account's security settings.

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
Why are you creating multiple new FB accounts? I think that by itself sends up red flags to FB systems of a potential bad actor, so they're quite right to lock them and apply extra screening. They have no way to tell that any picture is actually of you -- there are plenty of fake accounts that duplicate identities and use stolen pictures to look real. (When your actual friends say they've gotten a new friend request from you, that's typically what's happened. FB acts fast to shut those down when they're alerted to it.) I recommend you delete all those new accounts, if possible, and fix your original account's security settings.

That's what I was thinking, but I can't do anything with the accounts until they unlock them.

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
I got back into my old account, but I had to delete it again because I kept receiving calls from men I don't know, in India, mind you, and I think my account was indeed hacked. That's why the friend requests have not stopped, and people are calling me from India, and sending me nasty messages, so I'm afraid getting back into my old account is not an option. Facebook doesn't let people eliminate friend requests entirely. It's either 'accept friend requests from everyone' or 'accept requests from friends of friends'. I really don't know what to do except wait for one of my accounts to be unlocked.

lonestarlibrarian

senior bean supervisor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you not able to accept or decline friends on an individual basis?

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
Are you not able to accept or decline friends on an individual basis?

I am, but it's so many requests I get overwhelmed, hundreds of them. The friend requests have stopped for a few hours, but now I've got men calling me, and the calls come in and they won't stop. The same person will call me up to ten times when I decline the call. The account is completely out of my control. I can't with it anymore. It's up for deletion on Aug. 21

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Go to your Privacy settings on Facebook and don't allow calls.

Make your account private. Don't friend people you don't know from another context

Status
Not open for further replies.