Status
Not open for further replies.

DKM

In an interstitial space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dkmiddle.wordpress.com
I want to transfer some of my writing clips over to Twitter. The main reason is to get my clips out there, in the open, so others can see them. Facebook may be an option, but some of the things Zuckerberg has been up to has left a bad taste in my mouth. I like Twitter. The main problem w/ Twitter is the amount of written data that is ‘allowed--’the emphasis on a lot of pictures, which is fine, but not so good for long expositions.

I’ve gone over some of Twitter's resources, but keep getting: "Don’t understand that question?” Anyone know of specific You Tube videos (or other links) that address my writing concern?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
The solution is to put your clips on a website you control. You can use a free site from WordPress.com or Blogger.

That way you control your own content.

You would then use Twitter to post links to pages on your Website.

You can only post 280 characters in a Tweet ( adding quotes, polls, videos, or images don't "count").

Earthling

I come in peace
Registered
Reaction score
Most of us screenshot sections of our manuscript and tweet them as images, but due to image sizes it only works for a few paragraphs. For longer excerpts, Twitter isn't suitable - you'd just tweet a link to the clip on a site, as AW Admin said.

Status
Not open for further replies.