Expanse S4 release date and clip from SDCC

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Introversion - Seven books? The eighth came out this year (Tiamat's Wrath), and the final - nine - is due late 2020, last I heard... (Also the novellas; Bobbie's storyline in S4 started as events in the novella Gods of Risk, though they built a larger arc on it to show... well, what goes on in Book 5 and beyond, to avoid spoilers. Great storytelling choice, plus it gives the character more to do/gives the fans more Bobbie.)
And, yes, they have been pulling things from other books and rearranging them for translation.

Just finished the last ep of S4.

Ever wish you could see a TV show again on a theater screen? Because I want to watch S4 again on a theater screen. That was a movie in ten parts, not just a TV series. Loved the SyFy years, but man did everything step up a notch or ten on Prime. Great interpretation of the books, with great tweaks and additions. If anything felt slightly at loose ends, it's clear they're going to be dealt with in S5.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to see if they're selling S4 on Blu-Ray... and maybe the soundtrack. Awesome upgrade of the soundtrack along with everything else.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is it eight? Ok. I just finished Tiamat’s Wrath. Thought that was the series end?

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Is it eight? Ok. I just finished Tiamat’s Wrath. Thought that was the series end?

Whaa-aat? You thought they'd leave it like that? They still haven't dealt with the Big Nasties. (Plus I have a sneaking suspicion that they're doing a bit of a 2001 thing and humanity is going to have to tangibly evolve in some way before we can become a truly interstellar species and deal with the Nasties, not just cling to atmosphere-blanketed rocks using someone else's gates to get around - the events of Strange Dogs and Tiamat's Wrath point that way to me - but I might be wrong.) No, every interview I've ever read with Franck and Abraham (collectively Corey - and I now have dibs on Collectively Corey for an Expanse-themed filk band) has made a point of them saying they planned out a nine-book arc. So there's one more coming, and after that I've heard rumors that they're working on a new, unrelated series.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whaa-aat? You thought they'd leave it like that?

I frankly just figured they were leaving their options open to come back to the series again in the future if they had a new boat payment or something. :tongue

I'll probably read another book just to satisfy my completist urges, but I didn't love the 8th book, and would be just as happy finding out how the series wraps via the TV adaptation.