Pls. help..I need critique to my flash fiction story.

jaxmixla

Registered
Reaction score
Girl Friday

"To be honest with you, you are undeniably such a Girl Friday."
"I am obviously a girl, Jenny"
"Oh god. Don't tell me that you didn't know what I meant by that."
"That I'm such a girl?"
"Nope. I meant like Girl Friday as in the idiom."
"What are you talking about?"
"Girl Friday, it means a go-to girl who you can always rely on to do any kind of work. It perfectly describes you."
"So is that a good thing?"
"Well in your case, it turned out to be a bad thing 'cause you have an insane amount of work for a Girl Friday."

It was just a casual day of office work when Jenny decided to interrupt Friday's daily errands and make Friday realized that she is being underpaid for someone who gets too much work in their office.

"Y'know what's the funny part?"
Jenny suddenly asked Friday who is too busy still thinking and still processing what just Jenny told her.

"That you are actually named Friday." Jenny roared in laughter as she throws back her head and almost falls off her chair. Her loud laughter made the whole office to turn silent and to stop their work. Jenny slowly toned down her laughter and Friday sat in silence like she’s untroubled by their current situation. As soon as Jenny stopped laughing, the whole office resumed their work.

Friday turned to face Jenny and her face looked really serious.

“But seriously though, you should try to ask for a pay raise, Friday. I’ve seen you really working your butt off for this office-buying coffees for everyone, handling tough customers, meeting clients, over-timing- you’re doing more work than what you’re supposed to do ” Jenny finally said.

“Yeah, I’ll try” Friday wore a really big smile on her face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much for taking the time to read the story!
It is my first time writing a flash fiction story and I just wanted to know if is there anything I need to improve like the way of writing or the plot of the story.

I would really appreciate a helpful critique :D

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, jamxia,

There are a few places on AW to post for critique, but this isn't one of them. They are password-protected to protect your work from being considered published, as it is if you post it anywhere on the internet that Google can pick up. These places require 50 meaningful posts on AW (no dashing) before you can post your work. One great way to get those 50 posts is to critique others as well..

A mod for this forum will probably come along soon to deal with this thread and help you protect your work.