2019 Writing Goals

novelgirl

YA Fantasy Novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennadevillier.wordpress.com
Yes, yes, I know 2019 is more than halfway over (yikes!), but I've been doing terribly when it comes to setting and keeping goals for my writing. Of course, most of that is because I have a full-time job AND I'm in grad school but still. So, the rest of this year, I would like to:

*finish drafting YA space opera
*edit YA space opera
*draft screenplay and/or TV pilot episode
*edit said screenplay or pilot episode
*finish Neil Gaiman's MasterClass
*start drafting a new book

It's... a lot. If I can manage about half of this, I'll be fairly satisfied. What are your writing goals? How are you doing writing-wise so far in 2019?

PS: I decided to do Camp NaNoWriMo but the word count so far is... not great xD

redstick

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimriley.net
So far I've:

converted 3 full-length manuscripts from ink to text
converted 2 short stories
written (typed) 1 short story
signed contract with publisher for 1rst in the series
started another full-length novel (40K words so far)

Goals for rest of year:

convert 6 more full-length novels
convert 6 more short stories
finish full-length novel in process

Don't know if I'll get there, but it gives me a target.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations redstick! :D

I'm hoping to submit each piece I work on this year- once making them good enough.

Also, I want to start editing, each day, my backlog. It's getting out of control.

I also want to start a new novel and TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. Planning, character studies, and all that. I don't want to finish it this year, but I'm 29 and I feel like I'm lagging behind and need to keep working at this to try and make a dream come true.

Finally, I want to write nearly all days left of the year. This is something important to me. Practice, practice, practise.

jokertk

Registered
Reaction score
I don't make as much time for writing as I should. I'd like to increase that this year, but it is hard with so many other distractions that come with living.
1. Finish my historical novel, Midland - get it reviewed and rewritten
2. Type up old writing notes from other story ideas. Keep the good and shred the rest
3. Finish researching for my next novel, write up an outline and schedule.

Muxy001

Muxy001
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaelmuxworthy.com
I'm very new to AW. I think the reason I came here was to feel a little less on my own.

My biggest asset when writing is my youngest daughter. You remind me of her a bit. She's studying, working, and she helps me out with my writing ambitions every single day.

I don't know how she does it, but she is my strength.

I use a creative goal-setting technique that is different than anything else that is out there. My daughter LUVS it too. After reading your post, I thought it might help.
Michael